Register To Comment
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Shakesc : Build Diary

What motor are you planning to use with the BB220? I found that the rear plate on the older P80 gearbox was hard to use for anything other than the CIM motor and ended up making my own replacement.

Is this robot going to be the new Tornado/Storm 2? Those look absolutely vicious for drive motors.

Nice! I'm quietly trying to make the move over to brushless too. Bought some for my next featherweight and I'm looking into heavyweight weapon drives - if Ellis with Pulsar, and the Big Nipper team can get them working well, then hopefully so can I.

I do like the Battlebots style, it feels like a fresh approach with a lot of diversity. Admittedly a lot of BB teams have much more funding than us, but I definitely feel there's a place in Robot Wars for lighter-armoured, fast aggressive machines, as we've seen recently to some extent. All the best with your brushless endeavours!

That custom shaft looks excellent! If you are planning to run the motor at its full 53V rating, you need a 300A ESC to cope with the motor's 15KW peak rating and there are very few choices. I have no idea if its possible, but simon K firmware on the Hobbyking Fatboy2 ESC would be a cheapish option.

Fliers should be SimonK compatible. Just need the right flavour of code. Go for the 400a ones at least - they have the same fets as what even hobbyking calls a 250a (dlux) esc.

Register To Comment