Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RoboGames Kickstarter

There's a Kickstarter fundraiser to fund RoboGames next year and they want to produce online episodes. This is a great opportunity to get robot combat back in the public eye and there are even options for buying a ticket for an at risk child to go the show and inspire and promote science and technology to the next generation. Please support and share!

From https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...to-your-screen

"Help us fund this project, and you'll get to watch it at home as often as you want! DRM Free!

Instead of just bringing this back for people who miss the EPIC battles, it is important for us to create something that expands the community we've built over the last decade and perhaps have it touch the lives of people who didn’t think the world of science and engineering are a place for them.

This is a time when the DIY science community is inspiring a whole new generation of tinkers, and what better way than through exciting, exploding, metal-grinding science!

Do you want to reach out to widen and deepen our community? You can support us by buying a ticket and let us give it to an at risk child instead. You just might be the person that blows some kid’s mind and changes their life, helping them to realize that science can actually be pretty badass.

If you're feeling especially generous, you can even sponsor an entire team of robot makers who couldn't otherwise afford to come, giving them the opportunity of a lifetime."

Is anyone thinking of competing at Robogames? I was super disappointed when featherweights were dropped and now RG is back I am looking at a lightweight.

If my funds will allow I want to go, they compete with the insect classes there, so. If I can only afford one, I'll probably go to Motorama instead, all the smaller classes, feather included, are competing.

John is right; there is nothing like Robogames - seeing the heavyweights in videos doesn't come close to seeing them up close & personal! After looking at the RG 2013 lightweights, I don't think there are many feathers that will stand up to the US and Brazilian bots - I just started my first lightweight with 10mm armour; its going to be needed!

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    I don't think there are many feathers that will stand up to the US and Brazilian bots!
    You mean our best Feathers like 720, NST, Beauty 2, Little Hitter cant take on any of the US and Brazilian feathers?

Register To Comment