Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What not to do!!!!!

Anyone reading the FRA Robotic Event Safety Guide? http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/docu...ent-safety.pdf
    I'm guessing that was a class 5 arena under the FRA guidelines. They could run the robots but without weapons.

Also under your guidelines the Australian arena would be a class 5 because we don't have an internal wall. If we had the inner wall it would be a class 2F arena and would cost triple the price to build. But our arena origional came from plans drawn up by Professor David Calkins from RoboGames, so it American in origin.
    And I forgot to mention we now have a air filtration unit to install on the roof to clean all that nasty LiPo smoke. That'll be a world first.
    Last edited by Daniel; 5th October 2014 at 22:50.

It doesn't even come close to meeting the class 5 arena specs.

4. The rw guys aren't back yet, but I think we are due comment from the fra and rw when possible.

What is the legal hierarchy in all this? I am not sure how it all works but surely the FRA can withdraw its support for his events? Or rule that as he isn't following their rule set that he is on his own? I have no idea what that would do but we can't let this happen again.

7. Great rant Swanny

Edit - Hang on a minute, how the hell are you a legendary roboteer and I'm just a regular bog standard roboteer?!?!?!? Mother ucker I won robot wars!!!!

Haha yes if was a good rant shane ! Thought it might have been deleted by now, I don't think anything will happen I don't see what the fra can do as it's only run by roboteers anyway, what's the worst..... Roboteers not turn up for events ? There is always more willing to go. I think the eos can do whatever they want it's going to affect them a lot more than us if something goes wrong as they have so much invested. It's in their interest to keep it safe.

I agree safety has to be of the highest priority in all events, this makes us all look like amateurs and really doesn't give the exposure we really want. Not only is it not safe it also looks quite boring as the machines need to be so carefully controlled.

Administrator

Due to a number of comments in this thread that are not constructive it is unfortunately necessary to close it to further posts.

An investigation into this event is currently being conducted and I would ask everyone to await the outcome of this before making further comment without the full facts. Note that the investigation may take a number of weeks to conclude.

Register To Comment