Register To Comment

Thread: Anyone know where...

a) You can get custom waterjetted parts close to/near the south east?

b) Any Scrapyards near/close to the south east?

I've been wanting to know for a long time, in the future when I build a FW I would like to get some armour/weapons/custom parts and I know nothing of where I can them, could you help me?

Thanks, but the only problem now is finding the right websites

http://www.tolgarengineering.co.uk/

They are in Bristol. But seriously, just spend a few minutes on Google putting in information. That is what everyone else does, and is the whole point of a search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    http://www.tolgarengineering.co.uk/

They are in Bristol. But seriously, just spend a few minutes on Google putting in information. That is what everyone else does, and is the whole point of a search engine.
    Well I mostly wanted to know what are your recommendations on top of that, should of made it clearer

And thanks for the link :^)
    Last edited by Natster; 13th August 2014 at 15:28.

You must design the parts yourself. You must then create technical drawings of each part, that can be as simple as a rough ruler drawn sketch with side lengths and angles to to CAD exported DXF's and DWG's (Those are 2D file formats that most companies will take). These companies will not design things for you.

Some people just do everything in cardboard with a steel rule and a scalpel. I use CAD to get my designs.

Your first machine needs to be simple. So if you can design it with 90, 60, 45 and 30 degree corners as the only things you use then that will make your life easier. Until you know what sizes you are dealing with and what level of complexity you are working at, no one will be able to help you. Look at Tormenta and Tormenta 2 for help. They were designed in Google Sketchup. That is a good a place to start as any and has literally thousands of tutorials all over the web.

It always pays off to search your direct area. Just cruise around an industrial zone near you and make mental notes what kind of companies are situated near you.

I live in a rather small community but there are 3 metal shops doing a variaty of services (I looked them up on the internet). Also a displaybuilder using mostly polycarb and an used carparts dealer within 800m from my home.

A new shop opened up recently claiming to be able to weld anything and it smartly situated itself close to the three metalshops. If I ever decide to go for titanium I'll check in with him lugging a case of beer

And all ik had to do was take my bicycle and make a quick round and take some notes.

Strangly I never had to use/contact any of them finding easier resources online but it never hurts just to know.

Just out of interest what material do you want waterjet cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Just out of interest what material do you want waterjet cut?
    Depends, as I said its for future reference, but probably something cheap like aluminium or if I have the money, something hard like hardox,

and to the others: Thanks a lot :^)

Register To Comment