Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiring a Battleswtich

Hi Guys

Bought a Dimension Engineering RC Battleswitch and am having problems wiring it correctly. I've followed the picture by putting both the positive wires on the same pin of a deans connector but that doesn't seem to work. It's for firing a 5/2 solenoid valve which I've put directly on a battery and does work. Don't have my multimeter at the moment so can't check if there's any voltage but my guess is I've wired it wrong. Any ideas?

Sorry the picture's so big, not sure how to make it smaller

What is the status LED doing? Can you verify the switch is plugged in to the correct receiver channel and that the radio is working?

Yeah the light's coming on when I move the TX stick and it's the same TX and channel I use for Loki's lifter so it definitely works.

Can you hear it activating? The ones I had made an audible click when they changed state.

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    What is the status LED doing? Can you verify the switch is plugged in to the correct receiver channel and that the radio is working?
    That rules out all the most obvious problems. Have you tried reversing the polarity of the solenoid? How about substituting something you know to be working, like a small motor? If you can get something else running, its something to do with the solenoid, if nothing works, its the wiring or the switch.

Yep tried reversing polarity and tried a linear actuator with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    Can you hear it activating? The ones I had made an audible click when they changed state.
    There is a very quiet click when it turns off after being on (only audible when held to my ear). Doesn't seem to make a noise when turning on.

Relays normally make a reasonable amount of noise; the switch circuit is powered via the receiver, so what's powering the receiver? The switch only needs a small amount of current but perhaps its not getting what it needs - fresh battery pack perhaps? I'd be grabbing the multimeter at this point.

It's being powered by the BEC in a Turnigy 85A ESC powered by a 14.4 V NiMH (not sure where I've put my Lipo :s )

Looks like I'll have to get my multimeter back from my friend before we figure out what the problem is, cheers for all the help

Always had problems with dimention's stuff... bought one of these and never had a problem as a good alternative; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Receiver-c...item5b01b14cff

Cheers for the link Dave, will pick one up if I can't get this one to work.

Register To Comment