Register To Comment
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wiring a Battleswtich

Id send the switcher back and ask for a new one- it was obviously DOA unless having it connected up to that motor blew it instantly.

Got the switch second hand so wouldn't be able to send it back, doesn't matter now anyway because http://vid921.photobucket.com/albums...ps914831ff.mp4 SUCCESS!!

The switch is good for 10 amps & 30V, so not likely. I'd send it back unless the postage is more than the part.

EDIT: just saw it was 2nd hand - sounds like you have a new frenemy
    Last edited by overkill; 29th July 2014 at 09:18.

@Harry, yeah was the one I got from you, no worries though I think they're just crap to begin with.

@Nick, aha well Harry has done a load of good work for me so I think I'll let a duff switch pass seeing as he basically gave it to me

If you are sure its dead, it would be interesting to dissect it to see what the they use to do the actual switching. At a guess, its solidstate as the package is just too small for a relay.

I'll remove the cover later and post a pic of the gooey centre, tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it was powered by false promises and shattered dreams like most other Hobbyking stuff.

The one i had worked great - much better then dimentions products...i think quite a few are using the turnigy switches with success. I wouldnt let a second hand freebie put you off them

Register To Comment