Register To Comment
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wiring a Battleswtich

It looks like the relay is wired correctly. If you bypass the Turnigy switch with a temporary wire as shown below, the relay should run the motor:

If that works, then the switch is is faulty. If it still doesn't work, then either the relay is dodgy or the battery voltage is too low to operate it's coil. Most 24V relays will work fine on 18V and maybe lower.

It's probably the battery voltage then, I've been testing it with a 3s lipo, didn't realise it wouldn't work at that

Bypassed the switch as Nick suggested and the motor ran at 18v, so im guessing that means that the switch is duff?

After reading back through the thread I saw that some people have mentioned a common ground, how would I go about doing that just to make sure the switch doesn't work

Just connect the negative side of both the battery packs together.

I'm only using 1 battery, would it be worth putting the output of the switch onto the positive side instead or would that cause problems

It should not make any difference 'in theory' but it can't hurt to try at this stage. If you are just using one 18V battery, how is the receiver getting powered - via a BEC? The talk about having a common ground was assuming that you had a separate receiver pack - in which case you would connect the negative side of both packs together.

Oh okay yeah im using a seperate pack for the rx so I guess it can't hurt to try that, going to try switching the output over as well, if this doesn't work I'll just use a servo/microswitch combo

Servo and micro switch it is then, tried everything with this turnigy switch so my assessment is that it's had it good and proper

Would it be possible to use just one micro switch to turn the relay on and off? If so how do I wire it in?

Register To Comment