Register To Comment
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiring a Battleswtich

The one Mouldy suggests is the one i bought for Utopia, and is now in Beauty 2 i think. I certainly have no complaints about it, and it still seems to be running reliably in Beauty 2, and i will buy another one as soon as Utopia is running again.

Okay I'm either incredibly unlucky or incredibly stupid... I have both RC switches and can't get either to work. Tried on 2 different RXs and 2 different TXs on different channels. What am I doing wrong? Or are they both just not working :/

Are those batteries definitely charged/working? Might be worth trying a different one just to be sure

Battery's giving out 15.4 V, solenoid only clicks when I plug it straight into the battery

put a multimeter across the motor when u fire the switcher- whats the before and after voltage?

0v across the motor, 15.4v across the switch which doesn't make sense? That's when it's being fired and when it's not

I don't think you should really be powering a large motor directly off a battleswitch. I think you need the battleswitch to turn on an automotive relay which then controls the motor.
    I'd try connecting the motor directly to the battery to check both work.

Only using the motor with the Turnigy switch cos I know it works straight off the battery and the solenoid is soldered to the Dimension switch. The solenoid didn't work on the Turnigy either

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKazoo View Post
    0v across the motor, 15.4v across the switch which doesn't make sense? That's when it's being fired and when it's not
    That is exactly what I would expect if the switch was wired correctly and in the off state. Just to be sure, does the motor run if you bypass the switch output with a length of wire? If it does, the power wiring is definitely OK.

The Turnigy switch instructions mention that it turns on when the radio channel its connected to passes 50%. Can you plug a servo into that channel and see it move fully in both directions?

Register To Comment