Register To Comment
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pulse of Awakening (RPG)

Before he could even say anything, Saker vanished down the dark shaft. Shepard didn't like the present situation much either, but going down some unknown shaft didn't seem all that much better.

Of course his attention was soon drawn to what was entering their cell.Shepard stared warily at the massive synthetic in front of the group. His initial impression was that it might be some strange new form of Geth, but he quickly dismissed that notion once it began to speak.

So they weren't going to be getting much information right now. Shepard grimaced. He didn't like being so completely in the dark, in both senses of the word.

Standing in front of the group, he looked up at the face of the synthetic and tried to speak as confidently as he could.

"She apparently took to this unexpected captivity less kindly than the rest of us and took the first likely path of escape without really talking to the rest of us much. I'm not so sure I'd trust a dark hole leading to somewhere unknown when I didn't even know where I was starting from but there you are."

"As it is, I think as long as your intentions are reasonable, we can come to some kind of agreement here."
    Last edited by NWOWWE; 23rd July 2014 at 12:44.

"I can't say I remember how I got here," Mira began, the odd glinting from the giant mechanical insect allowing them to recover, if only very slightly. "I'm not one for fighting, though," they informed the mechanoid, casting a brief sideways glance at the dwarf. At the moment, he seemed like one of the more trigger-happy members of the group, and they hoped that wouldn't draw too much trouble toward the group.

Despite the light filtering into the room through the vents, Mira still felt drained and weakened. "Is there a way I might be able to go outside?" she asked, through another less obvious flicker.

--------
    --------

UNAROSHI

There is no immediate reply. The sounds of whatever it was that addressed him, were now fainter and fainter. Presently, quite far in the distance, what seems to be an electronic door opens. Now the sounds, two almost identical pairs of footsteps, get louder again until it sounds like there's something right outside... wherever he is.

"Welcome to Headquarters. State your identity."

This voice belonged to something different...

--------
    --------

SAKER

The woman goes on and on and on... strangely enough, without encountering a single living organism. After a long while, the path begins to rise, and becomes steeper and steeper. It then levels out again and Saker can sense... something. It's nearby, and it's somewhere on the other side of whatever she's facing. She taps the surface, and it lets off a low gong noise as though she'd taken a mallet to it. Saker's eyes dilate for a moment as she prepares for the reprecussions for such an action.

But nothing happens. No other noises, no approaching dangers, no senses disturbed.

Saker turns back to the wall and begins to think.

--------
    --------

MAXINE, SHEPARD, GUNROD, MIRA

Avarice's head tilts from one member of the party to the other, every half-second. Presently he draws it back and makes some clicking noises, and then addresses Shepard.

"Too bad for her. Evading mandatory interrogations is quite unforgivable..." He made some more clicking noises. The smaller machine looked right at Avarice and also made some clicking noises. It really began to get on Maxine's nerves, but Mira tried to calm her down.

Avarice addresses Shepard again. "Our intentions must be kept, ah... confined. You see, though we are an exponentially vast species, there are many defectors and sleepers in our empire, wishing to gain information and use it to our destruction. They must be - " Avarice swipes his claws together violently. "Crushed."

Shepard gulped.

"But you can rest assured that we mean the very best for this world, and that is an absolute honest truth. That IS what you are seeking, is it not?"

"Um..." began Mira.

The mantis mechanoid spies Mira next. "I see, you're one of those beings, aren't you. An Illuxion, yes..."

"How do you know what I am?"

"Quite simply that one of the previous beings that entered through this world was one, and it confessed itself and its powers. In the end though, it was quite uncooperative after a while and left us," growled the machine. "We have no reckoning of where it may be in the universe, but provided you are of the same race, we would ask you to play a better team member role than it.

"As for light... thanks to that other Illuxion's temporary cooperation, we were able to harness some of its power for ourselves. You see, the star known as what the humans called the 'Sun' does not give light to the planet's surface anymore. But there is another way. If you will come with us, we can restore you, and quite easily.

"What do you all say? Speak. If you are enemies... I for one will not hesitate to eliminate you here and now."

--------
    --------

--------
    --------

UNAROSHI

The chains simply bounce off the vent, they're too thin to actually grapple hold of. The female mechanical voice speaks again.

"Like, stop that! Things will get worse for you if you don't! I mean - "

The other voice cuts the female one off.

"It would seem this being is no different from the rest of the intruders. He shall be assimilated..."

Then there was a loud crackling sound...

CLANG.

And the sound of a fallen mechanical body hitting metal floor...

--------
    --------

After contemplating for a while, Saker decides to follow this surface around - she is not entirely sure what the standard walls are made of but if this possibly metallic surface is the only probably artficial part of this tunnel and is connected to stone or earth on either side, she may as well try to break her way through the metal with her talons.

It had been quite some time since Shepard had felt so helpless. It was simply no use trying to attack this thing. Even if he could manage to disable it without having any weapons or armor, he had no idea of the layout or how many others could be waiting around the next corner.Then there was the news about Sol. It wasn't giving light to the planet any longer? What in the hell could THAT mean? At the very least it seemed to indicate that they were somewhere in the Solar System, if not on Earth itself. But that just seemed to raise further questions. What did it all mean? Well there was nothing else for it. He would have to go along with things for now; at least until he was able to get some kind of idea of what was happening.Trying to keep his voice calm and confident in the face of this death machine he said: “I don’t think we’re looking to start any trouble here. It’s your house, your rules.”

Register To Comment