Register To Comment
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pulse of Awakening (RPG)

"The name's Gunrod Gunmark Gunloins! The son of Gunrod Gunmark Gunloins senior! What do you want from us, vile disembodied voice?"

"Dissidents?" Mira asked nobody in particular. If they had done something wrong, why they not remember it? At the same time, Mira was faintly aware of some sort of siren in the distance. The group should probably try finding a way our fairly soon, unless they actually -wanted- to be killed. That wasn't something they liked the sound of, personally. Raising an arm slightly, they attempted to calm the others in the cell before addressing the voice once more.

"My name is Mira," they again stated, "I'm an Illuxion. I've been travelling all over the galaxy, going from planet to planet to see what life is like on other worlds, and what might be learned from them when I go back home." They paused, hoping that nobody else would try anything too forceful. Another moment of flickering. "May I ask why the five of us are here?"
    Last edited by NFX; 19th July 2014 at 18:10.

"Any of you feel like following, or would you rather wait around until our captors decide to kill us from safely outside this cage?"

With that, Saker, jumps down the hole, using her wind-powers to slow her fall to gentle and safe drift downwards

"I'm Commander Shepard, Alliance Navy, and I don't take threats lightly. You'd do well to state your intentions whoever you are."

--------
    --------

UNAROSHI

There is a whirring sound, and presently a voice speaks, mechanical but, if given a personality, sounds very much like a typical 80s Valley girl.

"Like, state your name and business, okay?"

--------
    --------

SAKER

Saker hops into the hole and descends into total darkness. She falls for quite some time, but can't quite exactly keep the track of the specific time. However, when she eventually lands, her wind powers ensure it is a less uncomfortable landing than expected.

The problem? There is no light here either.

--------
    --------

MAXINE, SHEPARD, MIRA, GUNROD

Mira and Gunrod introduce themselves in their own fashion. "Affirmative," responds the vocoded voice.

Shepard is mid-way through the word "lightly", however, when Saker leaps into the hole. There is a mechanical roar.

"RELEASE," commands the voice.

A giant doorway forms directly inside the room, high almost as the vents, and the remaining four back away. A massive mutant mechanoid stands in the doorway, and behind it is a smaller droid. In some universes the smaller droid would resemble a stock T-900 with blue accents. However, that figure, and pretty much everything around them all if not for Mira, is only made real visible by the towering figure in front of that droid. Though completely mechanical, the bigger figure looks like a praying mantis with a head shaped like a hammerhead shark. It appears quite beefy for such an insectile form, and its metal coat shines; great pods containing vivid orange light arc across its limbs, neck, and head. Its red eye lights search the party, who appear unnerved, and then scans over the hole. The figure doesn't go to the hole, but its eyes continue to tilt downwards until they almost disappear inside their sockets. Then they eye the party again; its forelegs raise and rub together, while its four other limbs, lined with several large spikes, stay grounded.

"You stand before Avarice," the figure drones in its vocoded voice. "Know that I am the personal judge of all sentient beings who arrive on this planet without reason.

"You may wonder that your untimely arrival is not to your liking. Your distaste will be settled by the fact that whomever arrives on this planet is sent to various places inside of our base of operations, and it has always been this way. You may call it 'breaking and entering'. We call it unwelcome meddling. Therefore we must take such strict measures. It is not we that decides who gets sent where, so be satisfied.

"The point you may be looking for is that we machines have been looking for a certain figure or figures to help proceed with our goals. You may ask what these goals are, but we shall not inform you of their specifications until much later. If you meet these goals, consider our gratitude to aid you in sending you back wherever you came from."

Avarice's glowing eyes seem to narrow.

"However, I must inquire about your ruthlessness, and about a missing organism and its departure down that shaft. We were not aware of the passage's presence. Speak."

--------
    --------
    Last edited by kodster; 22nd July 2014 at 19:39.

Saker moves quickly but carefully as much as total darkness permits - moving by feeling round with each foot for a stable place to stand before moving the next - she has no desire to trip over in this abyssal place. Feeling her way with hands and feet, and at the sound of any noise stops still and uses her camoflage powers to avoid detection by anything that might be down here - she picks a direction at random and moves with it, following whatever contours of the space she can find.

--------
    --------

UNAROSHI

The Valley voice sighs. Odd, being a mechanical voice...

"You must be one of them again... hold on while I go get a higher-up."

--------
    --------

Gunrod raises his hand...

"Mr machine man, exactly how did we end up here?"

--------
    --------

GUNROD

"We are unable to process why," grunts the smaller machine. "But know that you are not the first ones this has happened to."

--------
    --------
    Last edited by kodster; 22nd July 2014 at 20:08. Reason: machine lingo :P

Register To Comment