Register To Comment
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Pulse of Awakening (RPG)

(A/N: Pretty much been in a bit of a lull for a while. Let's get rid of that, shall we? Here are some short but sweet updates.)

--------
    --------

SAKER

After she is convinced that Hachiel will make a full recovery, Saker heads out of the new base towards the route with the stairs. She gets there after a while and starts tapping the wall in morse code... after a while she can hear, faintly, the sound of a cutting laser...

--------
    --------

GUNROD

To his weird declaration the Illuxion blinks. "I know about no games, but if you wish to explore the darkness ahead, then perhaps there is something to be gained in it," it says. "Lead the way."

And so they go on. Eventually they come back to that dead end, but thanks to Albireo's presence, Gunrod can see things much, much clearer. It appears to still be a dead end, but looking closer there is a hinge at the top of the wall, and Albireo notices it first.

"Well, I daresay, that looks rather unfamiliar," he remarks. He tries a cutting laser but that does nothing to it. Albireo is persistent however, and keeps at it. Gunrod glares at the hinge... until there is a slight tapping sound... and it's coming from the other side of the wall...

--------
    --------

UNAROSHI

Viluy smirks. "You are learning. Fortunate. Well, if you wish to not follow them, then we will not."

They go around the level and try to find anything of significance. Through another room, they manage to find two Phaser Rifles on the floor. Nearby there are two bodies... Viluy examines them. One of them is another human seemingly like Unaroshi. The other is a cyborg; half of his face is mechanical.

"What do you think happened here?" says Unaroshi.

"A fight, probably," replies the woman. "But why they would leave the bodies here is beyond me. Perhaps they were too busy to acknowledge their protocol."

They examine the Phaser Rifles. These weapons look and feel different to the environment they've experienced; further investigation by Viluy reveals they have sixteen power settings, fully-autonomous recharge capability, multiple-target acquisition, and gyro-stabilization. Rare weapons indeed...

Viluy passes both guns to him. "I have no need for them," she says, before Unaroshi can object.

"Uh, okay..." Why was Viluy so god damned care-free?

They hid the bodies, and then traced their way back to where they were before. This time, they could not see any movement below. "This time, I propose we head further down."

"I don't know. I still think those things down there can overpower us as we are now..."

"I see. Then what would you do?" Viluy asks.

--------
    --------

MIRA

"So you have come back... why have you neglected to report for so long?"

"Huh?" This didn't make any sense at all.

"Wait a moment..." The figure casts back its hood. Mira stared. It belonged to something human-like enough... though rather aged in its appearance, but a huge chunk was removed from the top of its head, and replaced but a metal done of some sort, patched and bloody. The face is rather grubby and hair sprouts from his ears, too.

The figure stares back at Mira through bloodshot eyes. "No... no you are not him. Who are you?!"

--------
    --------

SHEPARD

Avarice stomps over to another place on the floor, and motions for Shepard to accompany him. With no real choice, Shepard reluctantly follows. As he does, the floor around them starts to descend. Then he catches a horrifying sight. What appear to be mechanical rodent-like things have now swarmed the body of Maxine and were now reducing her to nothing... and then Shepard was underground. He couldn't believe what he had just seen... but then the floor descended quicker and quicker, and the next thing he knew, the two were on a floor many levels below where he had been previously.

"Vector R," utters Avarice. "Your Illuxion friend descended very far down indeed, so we will worry about her later. But Byruit must be apprehended. I can read her filthy energy levels even from here."

Shepard was quiet. He did not like being so far down with the mechanical beast, and alone as well. Perhaps he could ally himself with this Byruit... whoever she was.

Suddenly Avarice tensed himself. "Strange..." he hisses. "There is another energy reading on this floor." Avarice turns to Shepard. "What say you to that, human?"

Shepard glances up at the behemoth, unsure what to say at first...
    Last edited by kodster; 14th January 2015 at 17:34. Reason: more info for Alex :P

Saker will try to use her claws to pierce some holes in the wall, weakening it a bit so it can be got through more easily.

"Hello?! Who is tapping?"

----

GUNROD

"Hello? Who is tapping?" He replies as he continues to hear that strange tapping sound.

--------
    --------

SAKER

Saker's strength is somewhat formidable so she eventually manages to get something done. Then after a while she hears someone calling through the other side. She pulls back one of her talons and with all her strength slams it through the wall, bursting it open.

--------
    --------

GUNROD

Pieces of wall go flying and Gunrod and Albireo retreat backwards as Saker emerges from the wall.

Saker dusts herself off quickly.

"Ah good, one of you lot. I'm creating and fortifying a base further back if you want to help. Any information you have now would be welcome. I like to know who or what I'm up against"

"Him?" Mira asked the rather ragged-looking figure. It sounded like he had been expecting someone else. "I'm Mira," the Illuxion told him, before explaining what she recalled about her situation so far - the unexplained arrival, the rest of the group, the robots, the chambers she'd been taken to, then her escape. "I'm trying to get back to the others, would you be able to-" she began, before something clicked in her head. "Wait...are there other Illuxion here?"

Shepard considered this for a moment. Most likely it was another of member of the group, but who could say for certain? If that was the case, it wouldn't do much good to provoke Avarice into another violent response.

"Unfortunately I couldn't really say. You'd know better than I would. I've barely passed more than a few words with any of the people I've arrived with and I couldn't even say for sure how many of us there were. For all I know this new reading may have nothing to do with any of us and may not be important at all. Personally, I'd suggest dealing with the known issue first. Finding this Illuxion might just provide more information as to what is going on elsewhere."

And having Avarice demand even more unknowable answers from made Shepard want to ask some questions of his own.

"And while have a few moments at least I wouldn't mind at some basic information about where I am, at least as a gesture of good faith for cooperating with you. You are clearly not Geth, so I've never seen any synthetics like you before, and I'm willing to bet no one else in Council Space has either."

(hurray for lotsa posts :v)

--------
    --------

SAKER, GUNROD

Explanations are given. Saker blinks. "Uh, cookies?"

"They were delicious, and coming from me that's saying something."

"And who was this voice?" Albireo inquires, rather interested.

"I don't know," grunts Gunrod. "First test, my ass! I want to know what his game is about!"

"Hmm... well, come back with me," says Saker. "I have an accomplice as well."

They make their way back to the base. Hachiel seems somewhat better, but her wings are still unable to function.

Albireo gazes at the angel. "Aren't you one of those Collective people?" he asks.

The angel blinks confusedly. "Y-yes? Who are you two?"

"That's Gunrod, one of the 'Arrivals' I came here with, as you put it," says Saker. "And that's an Illuxion, just like one of our friends who got stuck in this mess with us."

Albireo turns to Saker. "What do you know of this friend?"

"Nothing I can't already say about you. You seem to have the same appearance and powers. The only real differences are your voices and names. The other one's name was Mira."

"Interesting..."

Gunrod turns to Hachiel. "What are these Collective people you're talking about?"

"The Cosmic Collectve. "We are a group of many races dedicated to protecting the universe. When we were more plentiful, we had a planet granted to us by a being known as The First... there we watched over the universe. Now I fear only I am the only one left, if Nexios has indeed perished."

"That's quite the tale, but I'm afraid I don't have the foggiest idea what to do," inquires Albireo.

"Well, I am set on making this a base of operations for us," growls Saker, "and if it's not too much for us, I'd like to find the other members who Arrived with me and bring them here as well. Then we'll see what we can do against the machines."

Albireo looks at the digital map. "That energy source is fading. It must have been on its last legs when you arrived."

"Indeed."

"Well if anyone has any further questions before we do anything, now would be the time. I would quite like to get out and see the world, and the countless galaxies as well," says Albireo.

"You wouldn't want to," frets Hachiel. "Not the world, at any rate."

"Well if so, I could help you in any possible way," says Albireo. "I am quite interested in this Mira."

"I will help as well, it is my duty... although I am not sure what use I could be," says Hachiel.

--------
    --------

UNAROSHI

"Play safely? Very well," says Viluy. "And quickly. I feel something is watching us."

Viluy and Unaroshi keep descending nonetheless, careful to avoid detection. Unfortunately, when they get out at Vector X (which is helpfully designated nearby as they reach the floor), there is an eerie light some ways ahead. Viluy can detect two guard droids.

"This does not look good," mutters Viluy. She turns to Unaroshi. "What do you say now? My curiosity calls out to this. I have to know what that is..."

Unaroshi remembers Viluy pretty much slaughtering a score of robots with her Mosaic Buster earlier...

--------
    --------

SHEPARD

Avarice's mechanical eyelights flashed dangerously. "This Illuxion is no concern of yours any further. As for myself, we'll - "

The monster machine stops suddenly. "They are descending again. They have stopped at Vector X!" Suddenly Avarice seems panicked; Shepard notes this by a sudden cry of rage from Avarice. They descend on the makeshift elevator again and stop at Vector X...

"I will divulge no further information to you until you earn it," says Avarice. "Now go on in front."

Shepard seems interested in Avarice's sudden panic moment previously...

--------
    --------

MIRA

The figure peers at Mira. "You seem like Spica, though. Are you sure?"

Mira seems surprised. "Spica?" She repeats herself. "Are there other Illuxion here?"

"Well, one that we knew of..." the figure looks away wistfully. "But Spica was taken away some time ago by our enemies..."

"Enemies?!"

"We heard the name in secret... project A.E.O.N., it was called."

"Are your enemies machines?"

"You could say that, yes..."

Mira looks around. This wasn't the best neighbourhood for discussion...

Register To Comment