Register To Comment
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Piecing together a budget heavy

Heavy update:
    Nearly ready, just waiting on the final parts to arrive in the post and need to rig the old valves from the extinguishers into a suitable valves to go back on. The tanks are M25x2 threaded making it difficult to get the right components ordered in in time.

The ram is now mounted and the flipper arm modified to give it clearance:

It's a slight hack but it works well, just need to add the top support for the ram to ensure it doesn't bend the hardox mounting.

The throw on the flipper seems quite decent aswell with a tip force of 600kg

I did have to repaint it to whatever I had lying around however as the nice paint got ruined, I'll get it done properly when I have more time. Needs a few btis going over where I have cut and welded.

I've now moved on to sorting out the armour with a backplate being cut and only the link cover area remaining to do.

8S A123 cells made up to power the robot, even had to get a bigger iron in order to solder them without overheating things!

Spares for the motor have been located aswell so it should be rolling again very quickly.

Proper screw down valves now sourced and ESC arrived. Hopefully the churkets turn up (they were scheduled to this week) and the bot will be good to go!

Register To Comment