Register To Comment

Thread: Cheap Drive ESC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bought these 2 ESCs (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-RC...886703771.html) for £10 and have put them in a quickly thrown together Beetleweight entirely un-modded. They work a treat, although they don't have braking on center stick, but that's not too much of a problem..

10553900_10152443655076845_6966611735493323659_o.jpg

One of the modded pair of these that I'm running in my featherweight blew a MOSFET at the last event, but that was due to overheating as I just had it wrapped in heatshrink. I've replaced the blown FET and fitted some heat sinks and it's all working fine again

The pair of '340A' escs also arrived, but after detailed inspection it appears that they didn't have any proper gate driver circuitry, meaning that the MOSFETS are switching very inefficiently. I mean it worked, but it got warm just running small motors. There isn't much hope of running 40A through them for long that's for sure! I've started work designing my own Heavyweight ESCs now instead. They'll be largely based off a TZ85 just with different MOSFETS and without all the extra bits for brushless..
    Last edited by Rapidrory; 10th November 2014 at 18:14.

Register To Comment