Register To Comment
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bw: Tmd.

I would suggest a bigger battery capacity definitely, i imagine David that you ran a drill powered feather off your battery? very little current draw. If John is using a dual brushless set up then he will be drawing a fair bit, especially at start up to get that blade up to speed, not to mention that with lipo's it's better to be safe as you don't want to over discharge them.

There's a lot of numbers to them, but once you learn what they all mean, it becomes relatively second nature - you just need to do the calculations. Or use a 5000mAh battery for two drive motors which is a lot more than you need haha

the C rating is your discharge, times that by your capacity in amps to figure out total discharge available, 1.3A x 25 works out at about 32.5A discharge - since each motor's draw is about 20A on 4s, you'll just overdischarge and blow your mandatory fuse. Really, you'd be looking at maybe a 2.6mAh battery which would give you a 65A discharge there abouts and means you can run both comfortably without really taxing the battery. To be honest, I'd ignore the burst ratings and plan for the standard discharge figure since you don't want to be constantly running it in burst, you'll wreck it easily.

Though people with more experience can probably fill you in more, I'm a newbie to it all still too!

What Matt said is basically all you need to know to get started though i'm by no means an expert i've just done my research. Lipos are fine and safe to use as long as you're smart with them, over discharging damages them and will most likely end in a fire which is why it's better to go for a bigger pack than you need just to be on the safe side. I shouldn't think you need a capacity more than 2000mah, for a single fight it should be plenty but try and find something with say a 35 or higher c rating, that means you'll be able to pull 70amps continuously which should be fine.

I don't know much about meltys but is it worth trying to make the design well ballanced so it doesn't wobble so much and is more controllable when spinning? All of the designs don't look very symmetrical so may not be ballanced?

Register To Comment