Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A thing about motors

On the motors thread... has anyone over-volted these motors to 4S with any issues? I am considering it for Anvil but with 6 motors on the line I would rather know before I burn them all out!

I can't see why they would suffer, Haz is already running 4S.

Harry is probably boarding the flight back to the UK after being here for a week at the moment. He had two long test sessions whilst here, running these motors on 4s in a 4WD bot (in 30+deg heat!) with no apparent problems. Motors barely got warm and mechanically don't seem to mind the overvolt. Don't know what speedo(s) you're running in Anvil but it will need to be fairly stout for 6 motors.

That is all good information. I have the banebots 10A esc's but they stop at 12V so I would need to get something else to up the voltage. I will run it on 3S at the Brise-norton event and see how she fairs, then I will decided if I need to up the speed.

Take it from me, you will need to upgrade .

Dan Laybourn is working on a code for the Botbitz 20A, because it's the same make as the TZ85's. This means no random failsafing, and with a 3A BEC and the capability of 4S +, it's going to be a good move for beetles .

I think Harry tried the 3s rated 10a botbitz on 4s to see how they do, and as expected they got quite hot. The testing here was done on a 5a sabertooth which seems happy (but did get warm) running the 4 1000rpm gearmotors on 4s. He'll probably confirm details in the next 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjr1 View Post
    I'm gonna begin work soon but its modifying the open source code available from botbitz for the f-20a and f-30a for the spectrum kit. For specs, just look on hobbyking but when I've had a go, I'll publish the results online.
    I would be eternally grateful if you could find a fix for this. They seem like really good controllers if you don't need to mix, which is the issue with the current code...

Register To Comment