Register To Comment
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Flow - general changes & upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    Sounds daft but for Ricochet could you split out the servo cables and use a second XXL etc? Would allow you to keep the robot as is if you're happy with it.
    It could work provided the ESC's don't share any motors between them, if they do it might get a bit toasty :P

I had considered putting in my spare TZ85s to run them, but the damage to the motors (bearing in mind they've been in two robots and are now 3 and a half years old!) has meant that they've started to struggle under load. That and it was always too slow for my liking, time to make it faster

just swap the motors???

It needs new gearboxes and a new chassis anyway. It works (just), but it's tired and I want to see how I can improve on the design. Plus I'm looking to at least double the speed, 6mph is a bit on the slow side for a drive based robot.

I'd give the Ragebridge a look. I've been running a pair of feathers with Ragebridges and 18v Dewalts and they've been quite happy.

http://e0designs.com/products/ragebridge/ looks awesome!

But I get what you mean about it being a good time to move on and build something else. I'm always looking for similar excuses to build stuff lol

I think its more cost effective just to replace the motors with the spare ones you've got. I know the gearboxes may be a pain but there are ways to fix that and get your speed and power back without spending anything.

Flow had a good first day at Maidstone, survived both fights despite the valves not being wired up. On the Sunday however, after I tested the pneumatics to discover to my surprise that it all worked fine, I found a brush casing smashed on one of the motors. Tried to bodge it back together with tape and glue but it wouldn't hold so gonna order some replacement cases and get it running good for next year. Also discovered I only had to lose 200g, and after taking 130g of HDPE blocks of the front I'm left with only 70g to lose and 5 months to do it... She will run at the champs
    Next event I believe is Ally Pally 2015, so see you there if you're going

Gassed her up and did a quick test with the manual valve switches. It's finally working, and somewhat reliably too if you can believe it!

Register To Comment