Register To Comment
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow - general changes & upgrades

I can help you out with the Astros and gearboxes. If you are interested, I have several unused sets and enough used spare parts to probably make two more sets. If you are interested, I can check and list everything available.

What Harry said, the drive works really well so I'd leave it.
    8 flips? You only need one good one!

Let me calculate. Ram is 80*100 if I recall correctly. @ 55 bar this swallows 27.625 liters of room temperature gaseous CO2.
    A 20 oz bottle contains 307 liters of gas. 11 actions in ideal circumstances. 8 actions is realistic with a good setup.

Venting white clouds means loss of liquid CO2, less actions, and rapid pressuredrop and freezing in the system.

One of the reasons Beauty 8 has such a huge heatsink....

Ram is 80*90, but pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy View Post
    Flow originaly had astros with custom whyachi gearboxes... it just wheel span everywhere.
    The version of Flow I have never ran Astros; it had milled out steps and countersunk holes in the baseplate for them, but never ran with them.

dave what happened to the astros and wyachi gearboxes ?

They went to shane swan then ended up with you i think :P not broke em have you?

no i haven't broken them , just been told the price of them and power rating which is silly :-( thought a few cheap spares would be good ! but as it turns out ive allready got them.

Newport Thing!
    So before Newport I had the flipper working and firing on very low pressure gas, but put a full bottle in there at the event and it wouldn't fire. Found out it was bad re-plumbing of the valve (different to how it was when tested), and I re-re-plumbed it to how it was before and got to the event super-early to work on and test the next day, and we sorted the problem of it not firing at all, but now it just fires continuously because the pressure balance in the valve isn't constant. The new 3/2 valve isn't functioning properly and therefore can't keep the valve from firing off constantly. At least we know first hand that the locking bar holds though, gave me a right scare!

Looking over the system, I've found the problem. The solenoid is worn, damaged and not a like for like match for the valve (I swapped it out as the new one has a 3mm orifice and the thread on the pipe is 5mm). New connectors with the right 3mm male thread ordered, as soon as that arrives I should be able to re-re-re-plumb (!) the system and have it flipping for Santa Pod. Might even have the new drive ready for then, you never know! Also ordered a replacement valve to run the self-righting flip, probably won't self-right without making the bleed hole smaller but hey ho, it's nice to have a fast and powerful lifter for when a big flip isn't practical.

New low pressure 2/2 valve arrived today, so I'll have the low power flip up and running shortly.

Register To Comment