Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: After some details of SLA weights and stuff

no you wont need more capacity, if you upgrade to mags then you will need batteries that will be able to charge faster and deliver a higher current when required, a123's or lipo would be best, nicd still available and cheaper but most are moving away from that chemistry now. i run 2 mags and have 30v with 9.2 amps and have between 40 - 60% remaining after fights.

You will find with the SLA type of batteries the amp/hour number doesn't strictly apply, I ran SLA 16Ah with Bosch 750w motors and found the batteries were going flat in the last minute of a fight. if the batteries were left to "rest" they would recover and when charging the charger would only put in about 6 Amp/hour. It's to do with this type of battery chemistry.

In your case I doubt the motors are more than 250w so the batteries you have ordered should be fine. my advice is to make sure the gear ratio is quite low. so you have the chance of pushing other robots about the arena (just not that fast) I think it's good to try to make a budget heavy at the beginning that is what Saint was!

My advice if it is not going to have an active weapon, go for something the crowed would love, give it a face, a character or some other facet that would connect with the audience Like Kettlebot!

Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Register To Comment