Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After some details of SLA weights and stuff

3ah in 3 minutes means a continue draw of 60amps. But fights ain't a continous draw, it's peakload after peakload.

And sla's are very inefficient in that kind application.
    That's why a robot that blows up 9ah sla batteries in about every fight can perfectly work fine on 5000mAh 30c LiPo.
    Also the reason why "historical" 12 to 17ah sla of normal quality was used in heavies on tv.

I know where my money goes to.

Titan uses LiFEPO4 packs, since John moved away from Nicads. Bullfrog also uses those packs, and we on average get 2Ah to 2,5Ah tops out of them in one fight. Recharging takes less than 15 minutes, so last event we did 2 fights per show with ease.

Little thing about titan, only 2 of those packs are for drive, the rest is the weapon

More packs for the weapon now, it's up to 40v

They are a suitable type, but you will probably struggle to get any major current draw out of them, might be pushing it close on capacity as well. I would go more for this size http://www.componentshop.co.uk/12v-2...d-battery.html that's the most common size used.

That charger says it will take 12 hours to charge the batteries Alan suggests.

I assume you will get 2 chargers?

Register To Comment