Register To Comment

Thread: Wire guage

Hi Guys

Starting to get parts for my first antweight. Was wondering what guage wire people use? The lipo has 20awg, should I stick with that throughout?

Also how do people split circuits to make parallel ones?

Cheers
    Chris

That should be fine, though to be honest I normally just reach for the nearest bit of wire that looks right :P The drive on my 4WD pusher is thin single core wire. I don't think it really matters as much for Ants.

And for circuit splitting... Soldering multiple wires to one terminal :P Like for 2 motors in parallel one will be wired normally then another wired to the terminals of the first motor. Never had a problem in years of running a robot like that.

Ants don't really need anything special most the time. Normal rules apply though, twist the motor wires keep servo wires away from drive wires etc.

Ok thanks.

I've got 2 escs to go in parallel from the battery and was thinking there's not much room for 4 wires to come out of a 2 pin JST : /

20awg is fine, you can get away with much thinner too. I find the 24awg stuff from hobby king is excellent. Plenty thick enough and incredibly flexible and cheap.

Register To Comment