Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heavyweight robot for sale (Orrion)

Just testing the waters here to see if theres any interest..

Family is downsizing and giving this dirty looks so need to make some space.

This robot was initially Iron Awe 4 and was (i believe) built in 2005 by the Grimm's. I've had it since 2009. It is fairly unique for the modern day in that it was two weapons, a flipper and an axe. It also has pneumatic self righters on the side and a pneumatic "Foot" on the bottom to adjust the ground clearance. As you can imagine this makes for a cool, if complicated pneumatic system. It has some battle scars but nothing that a little TLC cant fix. One side of the drive system is a little intermittent but I've been told this is a fairly simple issue to solve if you have more time than me to spend on it. Comes complete with safety equipment, cradle, charger, transmitters (and buddy box for weapons) and all the other bits that i got from the Grimm family when i initially got it.

Heres some pictures and a video of it running at robots live in 2009. I will try to get some better pictures of it tomorrow as i literally just got it out of the shed.

10273912_10201873994115120_1791707709678696222_n.jpg photo.JPG

I would prefer this to go to a more experienced party as the pneumatic system is fairly dangerous if used incorrectly. But all bidders will be considered Lovely machine and would be very sad to see it go so would only go for a serious offer. If nobody takes it i will probably bring it out to play again at some point.

cheers,
    Jack
    Last edited by team_orr; 16th April 2014 at 18:04.

This the one that was in robot wars?

I'm not entirely sure. According to the RW wiki this robot was a rebuild of Iron Awe 2.1 which did compete in series 7. I presume it's mostly the same parts wise although the flipper is slightly smaller.

Had some interest, very much still open to offers though.

Oh well, best of luck to whomever gets it. Had it been the one on the show I might have had some interest although my bank balance would probably have said otherwise!

Pretty sure it is the one from the show, just with a different flipper mechanism after Gary knackered the first one.

No, it's a new robot, Iron Awe 2.1 is usually on display at RW events.

It's the 2.1 one I'd be interested in purely from a sentimental point of view

Pm sent

Am I right in assuming this has now been sold?

Cheers,
    Adam

I presume its still available. Send a pm, that would trigger an email.

Register To Comment