Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Real Robot Rumble

May the metal gods have mercy on my soul...

1. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    - I am looking for 12 people to enter 3 real-life Heavyweight robots each, giving a grand total of 36 robots.

- No series limits apply for this tournament. Your entries can be from Robot Wars UK, Extreme Warriors, Dutch RW, German RW, Battlebots, Robotica...wherever. If they've been a Heavyweight, you can have 'em. Just remember to specify which version of the bot you'd like to enter.

- Robots from non-televised events like Roaming Robots are perfectly fine too, so long as you provide links to either pictures of their appearance or video footage of them in action. I can't write 'em fairly if I have no idea what they're like.

- Please try to avoid entering several different versions of the same robot. I don't want to have to write rumbles with four Firestorms and two Maulers, or three Gravitys and three Razers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

- Clusterbots are permitted and will be considered eliminated when all segments have been defeated. Losing segments in battle, however, will count against you in the event of a judge's decision.

- All Heavyweight walkers and shufflers are permitted, from Jim Struts to Drillzilla. Setting limits for this sort of thing would be too confusing and less fun.

2. TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE
    The tournament will be standard knockout elimination, partially inspired by the first season of Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors:

- ROUND 1 (ELIMINATORS) = 6 X melees containing 6 robots each. 1 goes through from each fight.
    - ROUND 2 (FINAL) = 1 X head-to-head fight with the 6 melee survivors. The winner becomes the Real Robot Rumble champion.

I'm toying with the idea of a side-contest or two for extra laughs (House Robot Rebellion etc), but I might save them until after the main championship.

3. THE ARENA
    The setting for this tournament will be the standard Robot Wars arena from Series 7. You know; Pit, CPZs, Drop Zone, all that jazz.

2 x House Robots will be selected at random to act as extra hazards each fight. They will be noted in the battle line-ups, so that competitors can adjust their tactics accordingly, and will be chosen from the full House roster; Shunt, Matilda, Dead Metal, Sgt Bash, Sir Killalot, Mr Psycho, Growler and even Cassius Chrome, bless 'im.

Refbot will be around too to keep the peace, aid entangled entrants and count out the dying and dead.

4. JUDGING
    Should more than one robot still be mobile at the end of a clash, each survivor will be marked out of 5 in the following categories:

- Damage (how much harm it caused its enemies)
    - Aggression (how much it went on the offensive)
    - Strategy (how well its chosen tactics actually worked)
    - Control (how well driven it was).

The robot with the most overall points out of 20 will be deemed the winner of the battle.

In the unlikely event of a draw, I will ask an Outside Judge to make his or her own decision on the fight. Both results will then be averaged to give a final mark.

Of course, this is all assuming I can be bothered writing a fight which lasts that long.

----------

Um, and that's it. A similar sign-up thread has just gone up on the ARC forums, so get your entries in while you can!

Good luck, you all.
    Last edited by steven_mcg; 22nd March 2014 at 00:56.

1. Last Rites (YouTube Link: /watch?v=ztQpwI1KfEk )
    2. SMIDSY (RW Series 7)
    3. Diotoir (RW Extreme 2)

Hope that's okay.
    Last edited by kodster; 22nd March 2014 at 00:44.

1. Gemini (Series 5)
    2. Sump Thing (Series 6)
    3. King B Powerworks (Series 7)

Hooray etc.

Woo! Half a day and half the entries already!

ENTRIES THUS FAR
    1. <reserved> (Martijn Benschop)
    2. <reserved>
    3. <reserved>
    4. Last Rites (CBC V) (Kody Kunz)
    5. S.M.I.D.S.Y. (RW7)
    6. Diotoir (RW Ex 2)
    7. Gemini (RW5) (Nick "NFX" Fisher)
    8. Sump Thing (RW6)
    9. King B Powerworks (RW7)
    10. <reserved> (Alex "Siphai" MacWilliams)
    11. <reserved>
    12. <reserved>
    13. Surgeon General (BB5.0 - TBC) (Philip aka "succotash_54")
    14. Biohazard (BB5.0 - TBC)
    15. Overkill (BB5.0 - TBC)
    16. Son of Whyachi (BB3.0) (playzooki)
    17. Drillzilla (RW Ex 2)
    18. Granny's Revenge 2 (RW6)

Six places left to be filled.

I will enter...

Slicer! From Dutch Robot Wars Series 1!

Terrorhurtz! From Robot Wars Series 6!

Mousetrap! From Extreme 1!

Mortis - series 4
    Panic Attack 24k
    Supernova - whatever the last televised version was

Almost there!

ENTRIES THUS FAR (9/12)
    1. Slicer (RW NED1) (Martijn Benschop)
    2. Terrorhurtz (RW6)
    3. The Mousetrap (RW Ex 1)
    4. Last Rites (CBC V) (Kody Kunz)
    5. S.M.I.D.S.Y. (RW7)
    6. Diotoir (RW Ex 2)
    7. Gemini (RW5) (Nick "NFX" Fisher)
    8. Sump Thing (RW6)
    9. King B Powerworks (RW7)
    10. <reserved> (Alex "Siphai" MacWilliams)
    11. <reserved>
    12. <reserved>
    13. Surgeon General (BB5.0 - TBC) (Philip aka "succotash_54")
    14. Biohazard (BB5.0 - TBC)
    15. Overkill (BB5.0 - TBC)
    16. Son of Whyachi (BB3.0) (playzooki)
    17. Drillzilla (RW Ex 2)
    18. Granny's Revenge 2 (RW6)
    19. Vlad the Impaler (TBC) (Josh "NWOWWE" Noel)
    20. Warhead (BB5.0)
    21. Brutality (BB 2009)
    22. Mortis (RW4) (Alex Holt)
    23. Panic Attack 24K (RW6)
    24. Supernova (RW7)
    25. Tornado (RW7) (Andrew Jackson)
    26. Tough as Nails (RW7)
    27. Atomic (RW7)

3 places left! Lian, Nick S and Badnik96 each expressed interest in entering over on ARC before the official sign-ups, so if they and Alex Mac can get their entries sorted ASAP, we'll pretty much be ready to roll.

Register To Comment