Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clusterbots

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpietrzak1 View Post
    what about if a team built walking 200kg clusterbots. they would each way 100kg with both clusterbots totalling up to the 200kg walker bot & you need to worry bout 50kg robots flying out of the safety screens.
    I would applaud a team doing that effort. And pity them for the lifting they have to do.

I restate my point, an arena according the FRA rules should be able to contain the machines used in it.
    A Class 2 heavy arena should shrug off a 50 kg machine double whammied* into the screens.
    Jonno's arena can do that with 2 heavies, as demonstrated a few times.
    If an EO feels that the arena ain't up to that task, the classification should reflect that.

* 2 flippers acting together to get more airtime

The issue isn't the impact on the screening, we've had 100kg hit a lot harder (and higher) than that, the issue is a 50kg going over the screening.

Roaming Robots and Robits Live arena's are almost identical other than some extra bracing in the RL outer arena - however as Alan said, they still have a net roof which could potentially allow a 50kg machine to go through if thrown high enough.

Register To Comment