Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hacking Brushless Speed Controllers to Brushless

Yeh the Silabs chips have definitely been cloned... pretty much every usable esc from china is rocking chips with that architecture, especially some of the stuff from hobbyking.

Somehow didn't get any notifications from this!

I'll have a look at those Iskras, thanks for the heads-up there, Mario! Might be worth getting a few of those when I get round to building my heavy... Definitely agree with the weight of the batteries too, take an SLA out of a heavy and all of a sudden it's half the weight!

Would definitely be interesting to see what other ESCs can be hacked, could be that some smaller ones are hackable that'd go well in antweights, or some much bigger ones for higher weight classes too! By extension, is it possible to hack Brushless ESCs to go into reverse using Brushless motors with some extra bits soldered onto them, or would you just need to look for one that is reversible to start with?

All the hacked brushless ESCs are already reversible; it doesn't matter whether they were originally reversible or not. Botbitz already has hacked antweight ESCs: http://www.botbitz.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=56

Register To Comment