Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ceros motor ideas

anyone got dimensions for the bosch 400w gpa motor as they might be small enough to shoe horn into the front as the 750s are just a little to large

Fairly sure they are the same size as the 750. If not exactly the same they are very close in size.

They use the same can-with different vent holes- and magnets, but the rotor is different. Outside dimensions are the same.

boo that's annoying the perms might have to stay in and just get a mega wotty to handle them, ceros is all in bits and im struggling to find and answer for the motor dilemma at the moment, bosch 750s and e30 400s will fit if I remove the buffer tank major mod to the internal braces and cut out the roboteq mount

Ceros back to bare bones, ampflow e30-400 is my top runner due to size power and price, anyone running this motor along with mega mouse

Storm 2 uses 'm to now.

Pretty sure Storms running the A28-400s

E30-400 it is looking at 12:1 two stage gearbox 1st stage mod2 technobots gears, any advice for output shaft diameter and what bearings have been used in the past ie, kronic, manta, eruption all have similar drive setups this design works well so why reinvent the wheel looking to just remod this design suit my purpose, help and advice welcome cad drawings welcome

JeremyCuss
    I apologise for jumping into an old thread. I am also building a robot using a Roboteq AX2550 and 2 Magmotors (S28-400) for the drive. I was worried by the problems that Ceros had had. Could you tell me how you finally resolved the issue? I wondered whether the answer might be to reduce the maximum current per channel to 60 amps, or put fuses in the motors feeds - perhaps at 80 amps or perhaps 120 amps to protect both the controller and the motors. The Roboteq manual talks about 'flyback', caused by the motor impedance which means that the current to the motor can be significantly higher than the current from the battery. How do other roboteers get around this problem?

Register To Comment