Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ceros motor ideas

Which Roboteq have you got? If you've got the standard can you get it upgraded to the HE one.
    Can you heatsink Roboteq more to keep it cool.
    From memory the perms were a pain to drive, I know they melted Dogs Bollox's controllers in seconds.

ax2550 I think 120 amp per channel, it was not hot when it went bang which I though was strange,

You said in the 1st fight it cut out, I was just guessing it might be the thermal trip cutting in.

Might be worth seeing you can get the speedo upgraded to the HE version as its 140amp, think it got double the number of FETS to (someone who knows roboteqs better will know). We looked at both the HE and Mega Wotty to run Mutes Lems on, we went for the Mega Wotty because it fitted better.

We stick the speedo directly to Mutes chasis and us the whole robot as a heat sink and we've never had it cut out

The perms are the problem, they generate huge spikes in current and voltage (back emf). I don't even think a megawotty will handle them. As lots of people found out years ago when speedos just went up in smoke!

Happy to replace them, or try a new esc but the option needs to be right as I can't afford another blowup at least for a while anyway, still like the mini Macs, at 2.3hp look good but Mario doesn't agree anymore takers

I wouldn't use the 150 sized Mags, the 400s would be best.

2.3Hp =1700W=70 amps on the F30-150.

The heavier, fan-cooled Bosch 750gpa is rated at 40 amps.

Nominal torque @1700W for the F30-150=2.3 Nm.
    Bosch 750 does 2.2Nm , but at half the RPM of the F30-150

In short. I'm not convinced the F30-150 is a suitable heavyweight drive motor.

I won't stop you from trying , and will eagerly look to the results. Getting small motors 1.8 kg less than the old style Bosches ain't something to sneeze at.

But gear down a lot... That's my advice.

Get a set of 800w iskras. Got a bunch here that were used in typhoon2. Same diameter as the magmotor just longer. Sealed as well. Nice motors.

Iskra sound ok what are the dimensions

2 seconds. I'll go measure

Register To Comment