Register To Comment
Page 38 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Khloe awoke in the church that she had been in some time before. It seemed that she had drifted off into a deep sleep and been asleep for god knows how long. Days? Weeks? Months? She was confused, what events had transpired since she fell asleep? What happened to those people she met back on the mountain? All the these questions sped around her head at a hundred miles an hour. All that was happening to her seemed too fast for her brain to even keep up with. Sitting upright from her sleeping position (Think of how cats sleep, curled up in a ball) she scanned the church. No one appeared to be in sight. She took in a deep breath and sighed. She decided it was best to get some fresh air. She stood up and went to walk out the door, but she found herself staggering. It was almost as if some force had sapped all of the energy out of her. She seemed extremely tired rapidly and she became worried. But then, there was a throbbing pain in her head, the pain... it had a voice.

"Foolish girl! You think you can resist me? I am part of you, and will be... forever!"

It was then it dawned up Khloe... she had a split personality! Was this other personality sucking the energy out of her to claim possession of her body herself? Khloe could not tell.

"Why resist? It's useless to resist!"

"P-please, stop.... leave me be" Khloe responded weakly, as she neared the door, this "Voice" sapped even more energy out of her, forcing her to crawl to the door.

"I shall take control of you, you wretched worm!"

"Leave me alone!" Khloe screamed, using as much energy she could, she quickly scrambled to the door and managed to get outside and slammed the door hard shut behind her. She then slumped against wall and fell into a lying position and began to feel tears stinging her eyes.

Why was this happening to her?

Quote Originally Posted by death robotics View Post
    Why was this happening to her?

*DOOOOOOOOOOOON*

^ *pffffffffffft* XD

Marisa, noticing the stuff and not being one to leave free things, reaches for the sunglasses.
    "Neat!" She put them on, and continued paying attention to the angel, until Epsilon decided to stay.

"I dunno about no hugs and stuff but come along anyway, there are more things that probably need to be shot at." she stated, checking the hakkero to make sure it wasn't damaged in the fight somehow, and cleaning out the burnt up mushroom bits. Maybe when they all got on the spaceship she could spend more time making a more concentrated sort of..... her thought stopped as she noticed the spaceship overhead.
    "Oh hey, I think the bird is a pilot now!" she said, pointing up at it incase people didn't know where to look. (not that it's hard, it's a spaceship after all.)
    Last edited by shadowflare; 30th March 2014 at 15:23. Reason: i can spel guud

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator
    The Catalyst replaces the hood and growls "Stop grovelling. We know exactly where he is, you can just about see him with your naked eye from where you stand"

The hologram switches from the Society to the whole room being invisible, and then with a lurch zooms in on the black-speck in the sky, where, as Aurelia, Twitch and Marisa witnessed earlier, Doomforall drifts in space, black root like tendrils encasing him and projecting forth into trying to burrow through the great force field.

"You and your compatriots will need to fight pasts the Rift energy and recover Doomforall if he is still alive (or not for that matter) and then hopefully this crisis will be averted"
    Oh, so nothing almost impossible then?

Sorry, sorry! Fine! I suppose I've little choice in the matter anyway. Between having to help one of my most uncouth archnemeses and complete multiversal annihilation, I suppose lending Doomsy a hand won't be too excrutiating.

GEORGE! Plug in to the castle's satnav and find out where the rest of the party has gotten to. Cast as wide a field as you can. I'm not taking on anything with tentacles without some particularly powerful cannon fodder beside me. Or in front of me. Preferably in front of me.

I don't suppose you chaps have any last-minute advice for us before we go all Charge of the Light Brigade on this thing, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa
    "Oh hey, I think the bird is a pilot now!" she said, pointing up at it incase people didn't know where to look. (not that it's hard, it's a spaceship after all.)
    "Soldiers! Mammoth! Dwarf! Leprechaun! Squirrel! Android! Witch! Playzooki! Look overhead! The parrot has fulfilled his task, and therefor so have we! The spaceship is ours to command, the universe ours to save! I am sad to observe that the spaceship does not provide enough room for all of us, for I would have loved to exercise the art of a cappella singing on your sides just a little bit longer whilst travelling to the outskirts of the universe, but it seems to me that the ship does provide room to those who are the bravest of the brave, the boldest of the bold, so join me, my armymen, to the stars, and beyond!"

Aurelia flew up to the spaceship, Twitch opened the door for her.

"Ahoy parrot! Allow me to read some quotes on birds in general from The Book of Penguin Philosophy!"

Quote Originally Posted by majinb View Post
    "Soldiers! Mammoth! Dwarf! Leprechaun! Squirrel! Android! Witch! Playzooki! Look overhead! The parrot has fulfilled his task, and therefor so have we! The spaceship is ours to command, the universe ours to save! I am sad to observe that the spaceship does not provide enough room for all of us, for I would have loved to exercise the art of a cappella singing on your sides just a little bit longer whilst travelling to the outskirts of the universe, but it seems to me that the ship does provide room to those who are the bravest of the brave, the boldest of the bold, so join me, my armymen, to the stars, and beyond!"

Aurelia flew up to the spaceship, Twitch opened the door for her.

"Ahoy parrot! Allow me to read some quotes on birds in general from The Book of Penguin Philosophy!"
    Epsilon looked blankly up at Aurelia as she entered the spaceship, still talking about penguin philosophy.
    "This could be harder than I'd initially thought.", the white-clad android thought to itself as it activated its boosters and leapt up to the spaceship, before leaping up again onto the roof, where it proceeded to magnetically anchor itself onto.
    Considering its immense durability and non-requirement of oxygen compared to its organic allies, it seemed like the most reasonable option for it- it wouldn't have to put up with the singing, and it'd give space to someone who needed it more.

With that, Epsilon looked down at the rest of the team on the ground, and waited for them to board as well.

KHLOE

Not sure what is going on, or why Khloe had been sitting in the same spot for 24 hours, the Cucumberoo approaches her "Is everything alright? I thought you were just basking in glory of our Lord Vengeance but if you'd like some cocoa and biscuits perhaps that would help? If you are looking for your friends the news was just saying that Doomforall's Castle has reappaeared, they might have something to do with that?"

VENGEANCE

George has is beginning to optimize his own interactions with the castle and begins to recalibrate the shields, he even manages to unlock some internal data on Doomforall's power and integrates it into the energy matrix to provide better protection.

"There is no real advice we can give you, nothing like this has ever happened before in this Universe and... according to our friends here..." Spodra gestures at the Catalyst, in none of their incarnations did anyone like the group of you appear.

"Once he discovered my existence we spoke at length, making detailed notes, I can only assume that he was trying to learn of some way around this, and the fact that a group of rift-resistant people stand before us would suggest he discovered at least something, though the fact his body floats above us ready to end another universe suggests it was not a perfect plan. From what I understand, the void will not obliterate your matter like it would with anyone else, but that doesn't mean that it can't be used to slash, pierce and bludgeon - be wary." The Catalyst adds.

"Make sure not to die! Look out for any interesting seeds!"
    The Botanist adds helpfully.

The boughs of the Night Pine creak and though you don't know what was said, it feels like a very apt and wise thing to say in this situation.

AURELIA and EPSILON

Boarding the ship, Aurelia and Epsilon quickly locates the bridge and finds a second and third control panel forming for her own usage - in Epsilons case it's just a seat with a cable to connect directly to Epsilon's own systens. Both quickly themselves able to fly the ship, operate the teleporters and activate the shields and weapons.

The Bubble Mammoth carried the Dwarf, Squirrel and Leprechaun up behind Aurelia and quickly settled into support roles aboard the ship - The Leprechaun woman takes charge of maintenance of the ships external weapons, the Bubble Mammoth settles into the galley and starts cooking up some meals and the squirrel heads down to engineering to make sure things are running properly. The dwarf just just seems to be along for the ride, and possessing no obvious skills beyond fighting and a world class expert on the subject of gold.

"No..." Twitch told Aurelia, "I'd rather you didn't tell me about penguins..." Jeez, what was it with everybody and penguins? Why would he want to know about a bird that couldn't even fly? Birds did not belong in the ocean. Nuts and fruit were much better to eat than fish as well. What good was it if your food was constantly escaping? A penguin was an abomination, and that was the end of it. "And I'm a macaw, technically." he added scornfully.

It was then he noticed the robot boarding the ship alongside Aurelia, and he shifted backwards a little bit. There was just something about it that told him he was going to be killed by it. Although he had thought exactly the same thing while going through the compound, and here he was, still in one piece, still with all his plumage, and currently there was no sweet chilli sauce on his person. He decided to give the android the benefit of the doubt for now, and set about trying to get the spaceship moving in the general direction of where they needed to go. "So," he asked the angel, placing his bag of iteming to one side of the control panel in front of him, "who else did you bring on board?"

Marisa hops onto her broom and also heads up to the spaceship. She saw it before the rest of the group, and she'll be damned if she doesn't get a ride on it too.

Register To Comment