Register To Comment
Page 14 of 95 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Spod does quite trust Gaunt as he doesn't really trust anybody but decides not to mention it.

"As everyone is introducing themselves, my name is Charlie Charleston but everyone calls me Spod. I come from the year 2145 but am over 500 years old. I don't like the look of that professor guy either, he seems far to full of himself and thinks he is so clever so will probably do something stupid. I wonder if there is anything useful in any of the buildins in this city you speak of Gaunt?"

Well, since everyone else has buggered off without so much as a "TTFN" - and since I am still the cleverest man left in the room
    Marisa snorted a little at that statement.
    I suppose we'd better follow me and get after them, hadn't we? Besides, there's still too many questions that need answering about this place. I don't like people wandering off, especially if they might be in on the whole gag.

Well, come along, come along! Best get our beastly dull introductions out the way as we go! Professor Vengeance, professional super-criminal, snappy dresser, frightful wit, Napoleon of Crime, etc etc etc. You get the general idea.
    "Following you is definately better then staying here, definately." she said, "I'm Marisa Kirisame, ordinary magician, youkai hunter, store owner, botherer of armpit shrine maidens, apparently also a mushroomancer, and blah blah blah~"

She notices Khloe. "Oh dear, are you gonna be ok? Let's get outta here quick, it can't possibly be as cold as in here, right? Wherever the heck here is, anyway."

At this point a message blares through directly into the minds of all the party - apparently some psychic is involved.

SENTIENT BEINGS! PLEASE CLEAR THE MOUNTAIN AREA IMMEDIATELY - A TEAM WILL BE ARRIVING SHORTLY TO EVALUATE THE VOID-ARCHON. ANY BEING STILL PRESENT WHEN THIS HAPPENS RENOUNCES ALL ABILITY TO CLAIM DAMAGES FOR PROBLEMS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: EXPOSURE TO BIZARRE COSMIC ENERGIES, GOING MAD FROM THE PRESENCE OF BEINGS AS OLD AS TIME AND BEING ACCIDENTALLY FLATTENED INTO A FINE PASTE. I REPEAT, PLEASE RETURN TO THE CITY AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

Aurelia flies upwards:"I advice you to listen to that voice's advice and find your way to the city mortals. I, however, wish to observe what will occur here. My experience in heaven shall guide me through the cosmic energies and divine beings that could threaten you, my flight shall protect me from being flattened. Once whatever occurs is over, I shall join you in the city."

With her Angelic senses, Aurelia can detect a small line of floating figures approaching the mountain, the others should be off the mountain in plenty of time unless they are foolish enough to tarry. They are not human whatever they are, and slight variations between them suggest perhaps several closely related species from the same niche in different universes.

"Don't tarry!"

Eudial peered out at the landscape. Now that she was actually observing her surroundings, they appeared to be in a courtyard of sorts. Not a generally grand-scale one, mind you. It was facing the mountainside. Eudial could make other things out as well, and she was trying to discern them when suddenly...

A voice?! It thundered through Eudial's head, causing her to cry out in surprise, and judging by the cries of the others, she was not the only one who was delivered the message. It apparently was warning them to leave. Eudial would have laughed aloud at it, but as she was about to, the same angelic being from the prisoner room, Aurelia, also advised them to heed the message. So, it was believeable, was it? All of a sudden, Eudial's danger senses went off like a firecracker.

"If you don't want to die, I'd advise speed! Come on!" she fled from the courtyard like a firebolt.

Khloe notices that Marisa is talking to her. She slowly turns to face the woman and gives a weak smile, still shuddering from being cold.

"I hope I'll be alright.... Escaping this place seems like a good idea to me." She then gestures to the door whilst glancing around the room once more. "That door is our only way out, isn't it?" She asks, pulling her trench coat further around her to shield herself from whatever the cold was.

Upon also hearing the message, Khloe jolted up right and stared hard at the door, she knew this had to be the way out, but where do they go from there? She takes a couple more steps towards the door and stares outwards. She looks back at the other, back and the door, then the others again.

"We need to get out of here, and find this... city, that they speak of!"

Register To Comment