Register To Comment
Page 82 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Twitch though he could see the castle off in the distance, as well as a few other things orbiting in close proximity. His instincts told him the castle was being attacked, and out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the headquarters of the Old Worlds Society. Maybe there would be time for a visit later on, but right now he had to get back to the rest of the group. He kept his head down and bore ahead.
    Last edited by NFX; 15th June 2014 at 16:46.

PLAYZOOKI

The room is literally filled with hundreds of thousands of guns, and so finding a "gun-type thing" is a very easy task. He selects a huge gun at random and takes it out the room. Upon closer inspection, he has:

GNUTECH XL5 "BUFFALO" CANNON Designed as a sonic weapon, the Gnutech "BUFFALO" is a massive powerful blaster of a gun, which, instead of any kind of solid or direct energy ammunition, fires a pulse of sonar energy. Though slow to fire (only once every 15 seconds) it can shred through walls and propel enemies back through the air by a good distance. It was however, a massive commercial failure. Very few self respecting militaries want a weapon that loudly goes MMMOOOOOOOOOOOOO every time it is fired.

As he didn't select a sidearm, a little vending machine by the door dispenses a general one for him.

REDSHIRT DELUXE PISTOL Is a cheap but passably effective weapon that fires a quasi-mystic bolt. The enchantment is of a very cheap variety though, meaning that while perfectly capable of taking down nameless minions and armies of clones or robot or whatnot, it is literally incapable of killing anyone important, even if they are your enemy. Fired against Rage Demon #32423 and it'll take them down easily, but any named character in the proceedings is utterly immune, and will just harmlessly absorb the bullet. When asked how this works, the manufacturers said the following: "mumble mumble Destiny mumble mumble don't really know mumble mumble HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!" and then run off in the opposite direction.

TWITCH

Twitch continues flying, and eventually the castle comes close enough to see what is going on. He lands on an aerial on an apartment block so he can look closesly - what he sees is a large armada of various ships and beings assembling outside the castle, with more still arriving. The castle itself is protected by numerous shields...

He also notices, that there is a big digital display on one of the ships, suggesting the invasion will being at 2PM "REAL WORLD TIME, whatever that means.

[Sorry for the vanishing act, chaps. Still getting used to the new job. Our Humble Narrator is welcome to bother me on Skype for any updates needed.]

Finally, a worthy opponent! I can tell just from his dulcet honeyed tones.

Well, one thing's certain: if we're about to fight another me, then you lot are in for a world of weird. I may have my morals, but I can be very unpredictable in the battlefield, especially if this is one of those "even eviler" situations. Shatner's beard, you can barely cope being around me apparently!

After a quick jaunt to the armoury, I'm going to figure a way to slip through the oncoming armada and pay a personal visit to my other self for tea and scones. Let's face it, the only person who's capable of talking me out of attacking myself is, well, me. And yes, one or two of you can come along if you're still hung up on the whole trust thing.

Seriously, though, do I really sound like that? Brillo.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    EUDIAL

Given only a few seconds to chose, Eudial managed to grab a magical staff and an energy shield.

SECOND DEGREE ELEMENTALIST STAFF What many people do not realise is that manipulating the elements in their purest form is a very basic magic, and it is far more advanced to be able to wrangle the secondary elements formed of their combination. Thus this staff allows manipulation of those 2nd level elements:
    Earth/Fire = Lava
    Earth/Air = Dust and Sand
    Earth/Water = Mud
    Fire/Air = Lightning
    Fire/Water = Acid
    Air/Water = Steam and Vapour

GUNGAN ENERGY SHIELD A tall, lightweight blue energy shield, capable of deflecting most physical and energy damage.
    Eudial took hold of the weaponry, feeling at the very least a little calmer... but it was not to be. As she re-entered the main chamber she saw Vengeance himself...
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_mcg View Post
    Finally, a worthy opponent! I can tell just from his dulcet honeyed tones.

Well, one thing's certain: if we're about to fight another me, then you lot are in for a world of weird. I may have my morals, but I can be very unpredictable in the battlefield, especially if this is one of those "even eviler" situations. Shatner's beard, you can barely cope being around me apparently!

After a quick jaunt to the armoury, I'm going to figure a way to slip through the oncoming armada and pay a personal visit to my other self for tea and scones. Let's face it, the only person who's capable of talking me out of attacking myself is, well, me. And yes, one or two of you can come along if you're still hung up on the whole trust thing.

Seriously, though, do I really sound like that? Brillo.
    Eudial stared in utter disbelief. "So you're just going to abandon us?!" she bellowed. "Or worse, side with... with THEM???" She wanted to be angry, frightfully angry, but the current magnitude of the situation was putting a horrible feeling of dread through her, and she quailed.

"...oh, crap..."

Okay, this was bad. The castle was surrounded by an entire army of ships, along with various other creatures who all looked primed and ready to attack. One of the ships claimed that the "invasion"...that was never a good word...would start at 2pm Real World Time. What that meant, he had no idea. More to the point, the castle was surrounded entirely by a number of shields, so there was no way for the macaw to get back in, unless they were closed down.

Twitch needed to do something, though, he couldn't very well sit by and watch while his companions were attacked. But what could he do? After all, he was only a parrot! They had two witches and a demon on their side, plus Vengeance was heralded as some kind of deity. All Twitch had was a pair of wings and a tail. Okay, bits of them were made of metal now...and he had the magnet claw...and a pair of super speed bombs...and an invisibility spell...plus his nigh-impenetrable skull helmet...come to think of it, Twitch seemed reasonably well-equipped, all things considered.

Still, though...an whole fleet against one parrot. Even with the stuff he had, he was still vastly outnumbered. He needed something more substantial, ideally, to get rid of some of the threats. He couldn't get to the castle just yet, but he did have an idea. With very little idea of how much time he actually had to use, Twitch kicked off into the air again, and began bearing down on the Old Worlds Society he had passed moments ago. Perhaps they could help in some way.

Aurelia turns to her guests, the water-women as well as the donkey.

"Guests of Aurelia, I offer you the choice, fight or hide. You are my guests and I took you here for your protection, so if you desire I shall dedicate a part of my Spanish Inquisition to ensure your safety (OOC, these will be my newest recruits, Voxel, Shandra, the trio of Vlobeths and mr Rayner, who I have all given a generic dagger off panel). However, if you have even modest fighting abilities, I shall guarantee you that under my guidance you shall rise above yourselves. If you decide to fight on our sides, I want you to go to my room and arm yourselves with the daggers you will find there."

"George, nearing this climax my mind wandered back to the start of this adventure and the help I received of Caspasian, member of the Trillionth Trans-Solar Host. I feel it'd be only fitting if I arm myself with a main weapon and a side arm connected to him or his fellow Host members..."

Marisa was starting to feel more nervous about the entire situation. Not so much the prospect of having to fight -- she was used to that, and you can always loot corpses after the conflict is over! -- but just the sheer number of the guys outside.

She called over her faithful candyflossy and petted it absentmindedly, concidering her options, before noticing the return of Vengance (seriously, where the heck was that guy? :P ) and Eudial.

Eudial stared in utter disbelief. "So you're just going to abandon us?!" she bellowed. "Or worse, side with... with THEM???" She wanted to be angry, frightfully angry, but the current magnitude of the situation was putting a horrible feeling of dread through her, and she quailed.
    "Naaah, guy probably just wants to talk to himself. I mean, I can understand, I'd wanna talk to myself too, ze, it isn't often you meet someone THAT cool, right?" She said, half jokingly, "That said though, that guy is probably bad news, even for you. Though I'd guess you'd know best since he is you but eviler or something. Do whatever you like, I'm gonna stay here and at least make sure we can try to keep the rifty crap away from that guy."

She glanced over at Eudial, winking. "We should get everyone else in here together, talk about how we're going to blast them into next week. I'm not giving up THAT easy."

"AND YOU." She pointed at Vengance, "If you let in any baddies when you go to leave I'm going to force feed you ALL of my nasty mushrooms at once! Even the bag!"
    Marisa shook the soggy paper bag at him to prove her point. Of course she had worse plans for him if he let in a bunch, but the soggy mushroom bag made for a good starting point, at least.

Register To Comment