Register To Comment
Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Twitch meandered through the castle for a little while, searching for the room with the item machine again. He could half-remember the way to it, and after a couple of wrong turns - one room with the most ornate pool table Twitch had ever seen, the other containing only a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling and a box marked "GENUINE TAX DOCUMENTS" - he came across it once again. Flittering himself up to the opening, he began flittering through his bag of iteming.

It was then he realised just how much junk he actually had with him. The cassette had proven itself to be all but useless, as had the magnet, and while the conch shell seemed magical, he hadn't the faintest idea how to use it. It was a case of deciding upon the best of a bad bunch, so the macaw scooped up the magnet with his wing, and dropped it into the machine. The only problem was the magnet stayed where it was.

Twitch seemed simultaneously confused and annoyed at the fact the magnet appeared to be stuck to his newly metallic feathers. He shook his wing a little, but the magnet stayed put, so he resorted to trying to pull it off with his beak. It took a few attempts, but he finally separated the magnet from himself, fed it to the machine, and pressed the "S" button. Maybe it would attract rift sources now, or something similarly unusual for a magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by steven_mcg View Post
    [kicks down the door to wherever Eudial and Griff are partying]

*puff* *pant* *puff* *pant*
    Eudial jumped and stared at the Prof., patronized.

You absolute buggers! You cheeky overgrown schoolchildren! I get conked on the bonce for two minutes and you lot leave me stuck back in that dingy den with Captain Video or whoever he was! You're lucky George told me there was a free upgrade going and I went all "T" on my bunker force field or I'd have been properly cheesed of-
    "I'm the only one of the party here!" Eudial yelled, choosing to ignore the fact that Twitch had arrived here and nearly scared her to death again. "Now leave me alone..."
    Just what are you doing here anyway? Another entry for the rogues gallery, is it?
    "We're trying to find the two remaining sources of rift remaining. This guy..."
    Hang on. Is that...?

Oh lord.
    "...is one of them," finished Eudial. "You see, I didn't run out to abandon anyone, I came back here to continue hunting these wicked things. Now if you've finished condescending me," she growled, "what do you say we take him out. Any ideas?"

(OOC: Oops, forgot about this part...)

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    The Snipe introduces itself as Fletcher - the intonation is that of a gruff badass, but reality is high pitched and piping in sound.

"Do you have any standing order ma'm?"
    "A-ah... not yet, just standby and wait. I'll give you an order when the time arises."
    Last edited by kodster; 20th May 2014 at 02:28.

"Well thank you very much Mr. Tench, you've been most helpful. I hope we have a chat again another time but I really must be going. A busy day ahead of me."

All too true Gaunt thought darkly, but kept his pleasant smile fixed on his face nonetheless. He left the house and noticed the message from George. Well, the others seemed to be keeping plenty busy themselves. Good. Let them deal with that kind of heavy lifting. But there was something new at the castle so it was time to make another trip there before heading to Ms. Triablos's company.

"I'd like to return to the castle."

AURELIA
    After performing for Anjushree and George, they both feel moved by the beauty of those songs. They are both able to work more effectively than previously!

EUDIAL
    The Griffon rolls its eyes "How should I know? All I know is that rift energy signatures seem to match 9/10 of his fights in the last month"

Fletcher just nods at this and takes to following Eudial at a discreet distance to watch for danger.

VENGEANCE
    After inserting the Bunker force shield, it seems to have got a significant upgrade: in addition to making the Professor immune to any medium sized explosion, it seems to have integrated Holtzman technology, meaning that it will now stop any sufficiently fast physical attack be it from bullets, melee weapons etc. A sufficiently slow physical attack can still make it through, and it can be overloaded by a sufficiently massive weight of projectile, but that would have to be on something on the scale of a cruiseliner.

PHANTASMIC SLAMMER
    Anjushree responds "It is very unlikely that the rift powers can be gained unintentionally, they are something sought out rather than stumbled upon. That being said, if you could find those books that the Donkey has reported missing to Aurelia, there could well be a way in there"

TWITCH
    After pressing the S button, the magnet seems to have been converted into some sort of claw mounted device that fits Twitch perfectly. What it seems to use magnetic forces to bring small objects (such as weapons/small pieces of technology/personalised monogrammed stationary) flying across the room into the wielders hands/claws/wings in a very dramatic fashion that makes everyone think you are incredibly badass.

LELAND GAUNT
    Vanishes out of the home of Mr Tench, and arrives in the castle.

PLAYZOOKI
    Using the disturbing power of nasal telekinesis, he flips the small figure over the edge. Several things happen at once. Firstly, apparently the creature had been holding the chain, so with a sudden unravelling of chains, Playzooki himself is suddenly plummeting at incredible speed down towards the city miles below them. It seems that the tiny figure is some kind of Shrew, wearing tiny clothing, but evidently Playzooki didn't account for the fact that small mammals are not large enough to be killed by falling at their terminal velocity, so she seems remarkably unphased by this.

In fact, a manic grin on her tiny features, she angles herself to accelerate, and as Zooki smashes through the glass roof of Fluffony Biggins Frantabulous Pillow Factory he is mere feet from the ground before George finally manages to get a teleporter lock, and instead of impacting into the contents of the pillow factory, instead impacts into the hard antique wooden floor of the teleporter room. A lot of pain follows. Katia appears above him, caught in the same teleporter net, still at maximum speed, and uses the Meteor-shrew technique, impacts him straight in the forehead, knocking him out cold.

When he awakens a good while later, he finds that all his stuff is gone except his clothes, and he needs serious medical attention to even walk at a normal pace.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    The Griffon rolls its eyes "How should I know? All I know is that rift energy signatures seem to match 9/10 of his fights in the last month"
    A muscle twitched in Eudial's jaw. Of course. For once, I try and be a little kinder, and immediately get backsass for it. "Hmph. Thanks for your help," grunted the Witch. She turned away. There is no way I'll be able to handle that overmuscled rube on my own... god damn it. I hate relying on people!

Quote Originally Posted by Eudial
    "...is one of them," finished Eudial. "You see, I didn't run out to abandon anyone, I came back here to continue hunting these wicked things. Now if you've finished condescending me," she growled, "what do you say we take him out. Any ideas?"
    Just one - are we mad?

I don't know this particular be-caped fellow, but one look at his dossier just screams his type - he's either a sickeningly saccharine Samaritan multiplied by Santa to the power of Jesus or he's a slick smug snake in the grass who acts the perfect angel to cover up all his own plots for conquest and chaos. How come muscleheads like him can get away with that but not me? Look at this face. Tell me this isn't the face of a naturally approachable and lovely person.

On second thoughts, don't answer that.

Either way, I hate going up against superfellows like him. There is such a thing as bad publicity in my circles and there's no worse PR for a supervillain than "Evil, hateful, naughty terrorist kills patron saint of orphans and puppies". We try and lay a finger on this Titanicman and we'll be up to our ears in lawsuits shortly before our trials for crimes against a national treasure.

If we do have to interrogate this super-stereotype, I want in front and centre. I know his world and let's face it, I can at least be convincing if not downright charming.

Stop sniggering.

Marisa decides to teleport back to the castle, and stick her broom in that machine. Nothing could possibly go wrong maybe.
    (gonna boop that T button.)

EUDIAL and VENGEANCE

Sensing the Witches annoyance, Anjushree makes a half-hearted attempt to mollify her "I really do know barely more about this place than you - I'd been here before a few times on brief excursions, but that was hundreds of years ago local time, most of this trip I've been sat in a capsule in space concentrating on stopping the world ended. All this is as much news to me as it is to you... However, I have managed to gather a bit more information about Pentraxians, Titanicman and what he's been doing recently:

Pentraxians:
    Pentraxians are generally the most powerful space Empire in any Universe in which they evolved - there are suggestions that genetic engineering was involved in their genesis at some point, because the world they evolved from was literally the bare minimum required to evolve sentient life. The result of which is that their bodies are so over evolved to extract every bit of minute energy from their surroundings, that when put onto basically any other planet they hypermetabolise everything and become incredibly powerful within a few days.

As given a choice between being indestructible, flying, energy blasting gods or miserable peasants on an even more miserable rock of a planet, they invariable choose the former. They tend to roll out across the Galaxy at terrifying speed, although they don't usually have the ambition to actually care about managing the people they conquer but have no concern for collateral. However, when in Universes where other Class-1000 species have evolved, such as Kryptonians, Asgardians, Time Lords, Daleks, Green Martians etc or where there are already powerful space empires in play, the resulting conflict often rends the Galaxy apart as soon as Pentraxians begin to attack.

As such, 200 years ago, the Pentraxian Purge began, where an alliance of hundreds of Space Empires and High-power species hunted down and killed almost every single Pentraxian in the multiverse. A few dozen children were thrown into an unstable wormhole in an attempt to protect the species, and Titanicman is believed to be one of these survivors, raised on Earth X by someone a lot nicer than his biological parents.

Titanicman:
    According to reports made by famed journalist Sally Streater, the 10 most recent Titanicman conflicts were as follows:

12 hours ago: Defeated a gang of Balrogs who were selling the infamous drug "Pipeweed" to children.
    2 Days ago: Stopped the infamous Ballet themed bankrobber "The Nutcracker"
    2 Days ago: Fought some dinosaurs. No clear reason.
    5 Days ago: Teamed up with Fleems the Moonfox to defeat Mecha-Titanicman
    6 Days ago: Fought Mecha-Titanicman, but retreated to keep civilians safe
    12 Days ago: Rescued Sally Streater from Felix Fairlynasty, renowned Evil Industrialist
    14 Days ago: Punched some ghosts on the moon. This was the occassion where no Rift energy was detected.
    15 Days ago: Fought a Fairlynasty Industries Flying Robot hit squad with Pentraxianite gun.
    15-18 Days ago: Teamed up with numerous heroes to push back an invasion of the Antelope-men of Dimension-Antelope.
    21 Days ago: Had a misunderstanding-then-teamup battle with Fleems the Moonfox.

MARISA:

Arriving back at the Castle, Marisa upgrades her broom. After retrieving it and testing it out, it would seem that it has gained some kind of strange ability related to a strange shaped piece of metal at the front - when flying the metal somehow channels the air around the brooms and its riders into a bullet shaped cone which deflects any physical attacks. This only works while going at speed, not hovering, but it would seem that attacks like bullets, fire, explosives, projectiles etc would be deflected around the broom.

Register To Comment