Register To Comment
Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

The macaw stood alongside Eudial, frantically shaking his wings and head. He was sure he would get used to teleportation, but he would much prefer sticking to self-powered flight for now. Once he had gotten over the shock of his first teleport, he took a look at the scene in front of him. There was clearly a stand-off between the Confectionery Combatants Committee and the Farthing Wood Elite Task Force, and he assumed the rift source was probably somewhere nearby. Twitch glanced up towards the witch and the robot, then to Marisa, Vengy and the other robot, before trying to figure out how he c-wait, what?

The parrot performed an excellent example of the double take towards the newcomer to their group, inadvertantly jumping back into Eudial's leg. He scampered around behind the lady in red, wondering how on earth it was levitating the stuff that had appeared alongside it. And how was it able to talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator
    The teleporters activate and suddenly there is a strange noise of whirring as if something isn't quite right, and then the teleporters fire off and the team vanish.

A few moments later they materialise outside the building where the siege is going on - a fairly unremarkable building, although the fact that one of the huge colossal armoured figures from earlier is still powering the shield nearby. There is a police cordon around the area, and a Pigeon in uniform appears to be directing the police there using a megaphone. Several of the tough officers are towards the front - a small three headed dragon, a weremoose and a cyborg Orang utan hold the front line. A sentient danish pastry with a sniper rifle is perched on a nearby roof.
    Ooof! Eergh. Blecch. That's the trouble with this world. I never know if what I'm seeing is really there or if it's just these teleports scrambling my brain. Ahhhhh. Transmat sickness. Worst kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator
    However, more odd is the fact a blue and yellow combat robot seems to have dropped out of the teleporter onto the concrete behind them, and bizarrely seems to be acting as if it has sentience. A hardox rolling pin, a set of magical hairstyling combs that can create an hairstyle instantly, some elementally resistant adaptive paint (will shift to resist fire, electricity, cold or magic after attacked by each) and a small remote controlled American man.
    You see, this is exactly what I'm talking about. A fully sentient robotic combat machine with a magical makeup kit and a remote-controlled cowboy. Transmat-induced insanity or real-life insanity?

[pokes with cane]

Oh camshafts....

Leave this to me, everyone - I speak mechanical death machine!

(Hey ho, we can always use more killer robots on our side! I'll present some of my manual tools as a gesture of camaraderie and see if this mechro-morph doohickymawotsit can fix any ailments it might have.)

I can't take much more of this...

That line went through Eudial's mind repeatedly, even though she believed all this trouble would soon be worth it. Okay, Epsilon was one thing; androids were believable. This... this pretty much made the least sense of anything Eudial had encountered previously, even the Sucker and the Cucumberoo. (OOC: She doesn't notice the sentient danish pastry with the sniper rifle, otherwise she'd pretty much faint. :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_mcg View Post
    Leave this to me, everyone - I speak mechanical death machine!
    Of course. Vengeance would be accustomed to such unfamiliarity. Best to leave it to him. "Y-yeah, good idea," said Eudial faintly. She looked around, and (reluctantly) asked the officers what was going on.

AURELIA

"Awwright guv, no need to get shirty, ain't that right me ol' dearie?" The demon drawls
    "I don think you needs to be making trouble here if you know what I mean"

The Demon is notably increasing size and bulk - and notably his talons are getting much wider, longer and sharper while its tail is looking more like a mace.

TEAM Hostage Situation

At this point suddenly the doors of the building open up and a hostagd walks out... What can be best described as a 2 dimensional abstract old lady with skin not unlike the surface of an oil painting.

"Errrerreeeeeeee the bad men, they say they'll release.everyone if you send those guys in armed" her voice quavers. "They say they just want to talk"

Grateful for the chance to escape the peculiarity (for a moment anyway), Eudial scoffed. She had had enough talk at the castle. But at least here was a ready-made excuse to confront the bastard(s).

"Armed, huh? Mustn't be wanting much of a talk if they're expecting a fight," said Eudial, sneering. "But I'll bite. Let's see what they want."

Quote Originally Posted by Badnik96 View Post
    "...Then again, this is a universe where a sentient danish pastry holding a sniper rifle is normal so whatever..."
    That absurd statement just bored into Eudial's head like a Phillips drill. "W...WHAT."

Quote Originally Posted by Badnik96 View Post
    *Slammer points to the roof of the building where the sniper pastry is located using the rolling pin*

"I'm surprised you didn't see it before. It's pretty hard to miss."
    Quote Originally Posted by kodster View Post
    (OOC: She doesn't notice the sentient danish pastry with the sniper rifle, otherwise she'd pretty much faint. :P)
    Well. That did it. The nonsense was just too much. Eudial keeled over and was out like a light. (OOC: Shame on you, Eudial!)

Register To Comment