Register To Comment
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    EUDIAL
    Not-Doomforall speaks to Eudial in hushed tones so the others cannot hear:
    "I will do this for you then, and I apologise that my predecessor's actions those centuries ago caused these problems today - before you go on your way, consider that the rift is the only way your friends and allies can go home - not even the Old Magic can do that, it is the pwoer of the Universes, it is the power of the rift that governs what happens between - using it a last time will cause no problems, should you wish to do this for any of them".
    Eudial was frightened again, but her decision was still made. "I... I-I understand," she squeaked. She then turned to the others.

"If there is anyone who wishes to go home, and I don't doubt most if not all of you will want to... tell me now," the witch whimpered.

"A-and... just so we're clear here..." To her own disbelief, her arms were now open; a goodbye hug for them, perhaps? "No hard feelings?"

Eudial began to cry again, but she smiled regardless. She'd grown so much ever since she started the adventure... was that enough to be proud of in her last moments? Deep down, she knew the answer as well as anyone...

In lieu of a hug, Twitch flew up and perched on one of Eudial's outstretched arms. "...it's been a good ride..." he told the witch, before softly brushing her cheek with one of his wings. Much better than the smack in the face she got when he first tried it. "I'm gonna miss you all..." he said to the rest of the group, with a faint smile of his own. "And good luck with the tree, Eudie."

*hugs*!

"Watch out for my wings though, I am still looking for a way to repair them."

Marisa hugs Eudial tightly.

"It's been a blast!"

Gaunt still stood aghast at the fire wall that, and there was a small part of him that rip her throat out. The part of him that hated when plans fell apart. It was well that he had more experience keeping these baser instincts at bay. As much as he would never want to admit it, she had saved him from some rather bad predicaments during this bizarre adventure here. So he walked up to her for what would presumably be the last time and looked her in the eye (even thinking about a hug was well beyond him at this point).

"I daresay we haven't seen eye to eye most of the time, but we had some exciting time along the way haven't we? And I know I haven't been the easiest person to be stuck with at times, so as a parting gift I'll give what I've never had to give anyone before and hopefully never have to give to anyone again: my gratitude."

With some internal difficulty, Gaunt offered out his hand.

Aurelia goes to whatever advanced medical facilities this place has to get her wings fixed as well as possible.

AURELIA

After descending to the medical bay, Aurelia locates a few possibile solutions to her injuries:

CITY OF BRASS LICHEN SALVE From the elemental plane of fire, the lichen that has somehow evolved to live there has evolved to be essentially made of the brass, and to be able to convert matter into this brassy form. Were Aurelia to have a salve made from this rubbed into her wings, it would result in fully repaired and functioning wings made of brass.

HOMEOPATHIC REMEDY & A HOVERBOARD - Some beings dislike advanced medicines for whatever reason, and this solution is for them - a homeopathic remedy that won't do anything, and Aurelia's wings will heal, but not enough to ever fly. To counteract this, Aurelia found a hoverboard lying around.

QUANTUM RESET - A strange contraption that can reset the body to an earlier form, completely intact. It has an accuracy of about the length of this adventure, and it has the downside that the user loses all memories that happened in this time. So if Aurelia was to use this, she would have fully functioning wings again, but not remember anything since she got here.

Aurelia takes the city of brass lichen salve!

AURELIA

After applying the salve to her wings, there is an intense pain that sends her reeling, and then it subsides, and Aurelia can feel her wings once more. She beats them a few times experimentally and finds them to be not quite the same as her old ones - these are slower but more powerful, sacrificing agility for speed, and seem much tougher than before. Catching a glimpse of her reflection, she also sees the glowing golden sheen of them probably makes an even bigger impression on people than before.

Register To Comment