Register To Comment
Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Gaunt stumbled around wearily and took vague notice that he was in full demon form and also found he had no energy to recast his human illusion, but also finding he didn't much care at all by this point. It had been a long time since he'd been involved in anything that roughed him up this bad.

Being good and doing the right thing really is for suckers Gaunt thought angrily. More than anything he couldn't wait to get back to where he belonged and never had to do anything remotely nice ever again. He saw some of the others already regrouping... Eudial, the bird, someone else he couldn't immediately recognize but it didn't feel important anyway. He just focused on moving towards them.

EVERYONE WHO SURVIVED

George chimes in on your communication devices:
    "Let me know when you are ready to return to the ship, and I can teleport you over to the courtyard"

AURELIA

Her wings are still not functional, and the pain of the harpoon holes is a lot, however, shaking the Spanish Inquisition awake, she decides to finish this job once and for all. Splitting up to search through the ship, after a while they come to a library, which, amoung thousands of very rare and exclusive books, has the three stolen ones on the study table there. Apparently Lord Vengeance had been reading them recently.

She wanted to. She really, really wanted to, but she couldn't say it. Instead, Eudial finally fell over with a weak groan.

She could only hope that the self-regeneration she had gained throughout her travels here would restore her, and soon.

(OOC: Eudial can't say it, so I'll say it for her. She's ready to return to the ship. :P)

EUDIAL

As if by thinking about it, Eudial's body appears to start repairing itself - cuts begin to close and aches begin to lessen. Pulled muscles seem to be a slightly trickier affair though, as that doesn't seem to so miraculously return to normal. However, it's certainaly a substantial improvement.

A short time passed, and Eudial began to get up again. ...weird, it didn't seem like it had been that long since the battle ended. In fact, it had only seemed like minutes... she must have supposed that the rift powers she had obtained had fixed her up. However, she still felt ache-y...

Wait! The courtyard!

"Yo!" Eudial called to George over the com-link. "I don't know if everyone said so yet, but I get the feeling we'd all like to go back. And the courtyard is supposed to be where "this affair was ended". So if you could send us all there... that'd be prime."

Eudial scowled.

"Please," she added.

EVERYONE

The entire surviving party and associates are teleported from the deck of the ship in a single movement, plus Leland Gaunt from the ground far below.

They arrive in the courtyard to find it looking substantially different to when they left. While it had been coated in plants before, now the vines have expanded into thick wooden roots and encrust the courtyard like the floor of a rainforest. More notable though, the tree at the centre of the area has gone, and the stone that that had lain the body of Doomforall upon all that time ago is now bare. The space between the roots is filled with thousands of fallen acorns.

Caspasian turns to Aurelia - the work of my warriors is now done, they will leave now, though I will remain for a while should you need my advice for what comes next. Aurelia clutches Meander's books in her hands as she watches them go, and feels accurtely aware that a little less than half of the warriors who had arrived will be returning to the Sun.

But for the rest of the group, the most notable thing is the figure now sitting conversing with the Botanist. Wearing casual plain clothes with no hint of any symbol on them, and carrying just a slender staff of knotted oak. He stands about 6 foot tall, has thick eyebrows and grey eyes and is recognisable to most of the beings standing there...

Doomforall.

Yet... not quite... While he has the same features, this being carries himself in a different way to every image they have seen. Gone is the black and the trenchcoat, gone are the rift-black eyes that some of the earlier pictures of him had back in the church, but even more so, gone is the brooding vaguely frustrated feeling that all records of him seemed to show. This figure is not really Doomforall at all. As the magic users in the party can attest, and even from the flecks of golden light that permeate the courtyard, he is overflowing with Old Magic.

He turns away from the Botanist, who starts to inspect the roots through various lenses, and faces the party.

"Ah, you're here. I'm afraid you have now reached the point where we must discuss this final piece of preventing the end of the Multiverse".

Aurelia, now practically wingless, hovers to Meander the donkey in an energy bubble provided by Wentworth the mammoth.

"Good day Meander the donkey, I am pleased to inform you that the first contract job of The Spanish Inquisition has been a great success, and through great labor, and the fact the perpetrator happened to arrive at our doorstep, I have been able to retrieve your missing books.

"You, water mother and water daughter, your help has been invaluable and with the demise of evil Vengeance, your protection is now guaranteed.

"And now, Wentworth, hover me to this place's medical facilities, I wanna see if I can get my wings in working condition again!"

Marisa touched down in the courtyard and looked around in wonder.
    "That's a whole lot of sudden plants!"

She stopped looking all over though when she realised that Doomforall was standing there and now was probably not the time to make too many observations on plants. She gripped the vial of old magic, "What's the thing we gotta do now?"

With a flash, Twitch appeared in the Courtyard of the castle, and almost immediately collapsed in a disoriented heap. Teleporting really shook him up at the best of times, but after a fight like that, he felt worse than ever. It took him a moment or two to stagger back to his feet, after which he began meandering around a little to try and get his bearings back.

Once he had, though, he heard someone addressing the rest of the group, and turned his attention towards them...and immediately felt a little worse when he realised who it was, and worse still when they told the group what they now had to do. A faint groan escaped his lips, and Twitch trudged over towards Marisa, not in any way eager to get started with the final job.

Register To Comment