Register To Comment
Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

LELAND

As Leland leaves the room an intern casually hands him a small computer tablet like device without meeting his eyes and carries on walking as if nothing had happened.

The tablet possesses detailed maps and schematics of Triablos Industries headquarters, how to get there, and some images of the Phoenix engine so you know what you are after. It also has dossiers on Ms Triablos, and her half brother Mephistopheles who is in charge of security, as well as Triablos Industries as a whole.

EUDIAL and WHOEVER ELSE IS GOING

Either the ship or the teleporters are ready whenever you wish to depart for the crime scene

AURELIA and FOLLOWERS

Cycling through town looking for wrongs that need righting, Aurelia spots a sleazy looking Demon at an Poor Old Ladies frontdoor trying to sell her help with her accounts (which are in a poor state) in exchange for her soul. The lady is crying because if her forms aren't sorted soon she will lose her house, and only this demon is willing to help...

PLAYZOOKI

"13 black roulette"
    - ERROR, ERROR, SEARCH ALREADY IN DATABANKS, SEARCHING FOR ADDITIONAL ITEMS MEETING THAT DESCRIPTION
    The Dark Roulette - This item is a powerful bit of magic - instead of red and black it is white and black - landing the ball of white will grant increasingly powerful boons the higher the number, while on black will have increasingly negative effects. Such items were prized as much more potent versions of Russian Roulette.

"growing ray"
    Growing Ray Mears - A popular item with amateur explorers and adventurers, the growing Ray Mears starts in a tiny lightweight sachet, but when opened slowly begins to grow. After an hour this tiny version of the British Survival Expert/Television presenter is large enough to dispense basic survival tips and with enough light and/or water he will expand into a fully functional version of the original at life size.

MARISA

"witches broom"
    A Witches Broom Shrub Although not exactly the archetypal magical plant Witches Broom (Chamacytisus eldritcha) is a very versatile plant indeed. It's wood is great for making wands due to it's high magical absorption capacitiy, adding any part of it to potions, poultices and other magical concoctions are automatically made stronger and the twigs are also great for actual witches brooms.

"candy"
    A Candyflossy A rare animal kept as a pet, Candyflossies resemble jack russel sized sheep like animal, except their wool is candyfloss. They are intelligent, noble and unfalteringly loyal to their masters.

"magic torch"
    A Magilluminus A special torch which makes all magic visible when in its beam, even to those who are not magical themselves.

"Maaaaagggggiiiiiiccccc"
    A Fleck of the Old Magic - This appears as something like a tiny fleck of gold leaf floating in a small vial of liquid, but to anyone magically inclined the power emanating from this burns like a thousand suns. This is a fleck of the old magic, the first, deep magic, that bought the world together. Touching this with bare skin would absorb it into someone magically inclined, and grant them the Deep Magic. However, taking in this much magic is not without its consequences, bonding to it binds you to the greater plan of the universe, for good or ill.

It seemed like there was a bit of a lull in proceedings at the moment, so Twitch decided to take another look at the wing polymer he had acquired. How he was going to apply it himself, he had no idea, his lack of appendages was really starting to become a nuisance. So someone else had to apply it to him.

"Excuse me, Eudial?" he asked, hoping she wouldn't be inclined to attack him. "I could tag along if you were going after the rift thing in the town, but could you help me out with the metal wing stuff first, please?" He attempted to pick the tube up with his wings, but only ended up nudging it back and forth a little. "I haven't got any hands, you see..." he added, moving backwards a little and making himself small.

Eudial stopped playing abruptly. She didn't like it, but now was the time. She stood up.

"Once more... who's coming along with me?" she barked.

(OOC: thanks for posting like directly at the same time, Nick :P)

Not even thinking very hard about it at all, Marisa choses the Candyflossy and the Fleck of Old Magic.

Clearly nothing with these two choices could possibly go wrong.

Edit: "Still going with you!" Marisa stated.

"Then let's go," said Eudial irritably. She then turned:
    Quote Originally Posted by NFX View Post
    "Excuse me, Eudial?" he asked, hoping she wouldn't be inclined to attack him. "I could tag along if you were going after the rift thing in the town, but could you help me out with the metal wing stuff first, please?" He attempted to pick the tube up with his wings, but only ended up nudging it back and forth a little. "I haven't got any hands, you see..." he added, moving backwards a little and making himself small.
    Uggggh... "Fine, fine," sighed the Witch. After she was finished helping with it, she headed to the teleporters (alledgly with Marisa and Twitch following her).

Well, I suppose I can't just lounge about here hoovering up free gifts, watching telly and eating Malteasers for the rest of my natural life.

I mean, I can. Of course I can. But I shouldn't. Probably.

No, no. You're right. Fate of creation and all that. Now I've got my own new toys to play with, I think it's time to put them to good use. I'm up for hunting another rift source doo-dad, if'n ye'll let me join in the fun.
    Last edited by steven_mcg; 1st May 2014 at 23:11.

With the now empty tube back in his bag of holding (he didn't know what purpose it had, he just wanted to be tidy), Twitch made his way towards the teleporters with Eudial and Marisa. The two leading feathers of each wing had been metalized, as well as the two central feathers of the macaw's tail. Good for whacking people with, especially now he had the chance to move without being seen at several thousand miles an hour. Plus they looked unbelievably cool. Might take a little getting used to flying with them, or perhaps grooming, he thought. That could wait for now, though, the trio had some rift to deal with.

Twitch hopped up onto the teleporter, a little more eagerly than one might have expected him to, equal parts curious and apprehensive about what would be waiting for him on the other end. He could go for some jam about now...

Finishing up its juggling routine and safely dematerialising the Bombs again, Epsilon followed the others to the Teleporters. Although it had no idea where they lead, it felt at least more equipped for wherever they were going than before with its new weapons. It walked towards the Teleporters, and prepared for what lay ahead- nothing had happened for a while, so the opportunity for a good fight was always welcome.

So. This is it, huh... Eudial reached the teleporters. She turned, and was amazed. The other four had followed her without question. Eudial blinked, rather rapidly. Common sense was finding its way back to the forefront of her mind. Eudial wasn't invincible. No. In fact, she'd be cited as the weakest member during her spell as part of the Witches 5... at least, before she'd attained her pyro powers. And it had proved thus several times. It was foolish to go into things unprepared... or alone. No matter how ridiculous she thought Vengeance was, there was no doubt he had power. So Eudial would expect the same of the others. Hell, even the bird. She needed them.

But did they need her? I suppose they wouldn't back me up... would they? Before she could hide it, her face turned pale. Yes... she was afraid. Afraid of what she had gotten herself into, and what was to come. So much peculiarity had occured that she could barely take it all in. She felt less powerful than ever... even... even with...

Trying to dispel such paranoid thoughts, Eudial shook her head a little and said "Stupid question, I know, but... is everyone ready?"

Quote Originally Posted by kodster View Post
    "Stupid question, I know, but... is everyone ready?"
    "I am." Epsilon replied. "Good timing, as well. I need to smash something."

Register To Comment