Register To Comment
Page 59 of 95 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

"There is a certain prototype of a rival company of ours whose technology we would be very interested in acquiring - the Phoenix engine - but it's owner, one Ms Triablos has rebuffed our more than reasonable offers. Perhaps as hired consultants you might have a bit better luck "persuading" her and getting that item into our possession. I will send you all information you need once you leave this place.
    Gaunt turned over this information in his head for a few moments. On one hand this seemed to be a big step in the right direction. It seemed very likely that this Phoenix engine could be a vital piece of the puzzle for what was going on. Even if it wasn't, obtaining it would get him in with the higher-ups at PTT. But on the other hand there was just something about the way O.T. Hedgehog had stressed "persuade" wasn't there? Yes, it seemed there was a high chance things could turn nasty in a hurry and that wasn't much to Gaunt's liking. Well, not when he would be personally involved anyway. All the same, from what he knew of his group he'd probably be the best suited for this kind of task anyway.

"Very well. I shall speak with this Ms. Triablos and convince her to part with that engine."

Gaunt then turned and left the room.

Bored from waiting, Eudial got out her musical instrument (the pungi) again and began to play.

Now that Twitch had his three choices - the wing polymer, the flash bombs, and the invisibility thing of that guy - he placed them in his bag of holding, taking special care with the ragged-looking spell. He did want to try out the steel wing stuff, but since everyone else was busy with their own things, he decided it could wait. The macaw instead flew over to Eudial, bag in beak, and landed alongside her, watching as she played.

Eudial took no outward notice of the macaw and continued playing.

(OOC: You wouldn't either if you were concentrating on belting forth a tune. :P)

Quote Originally Posted by kodster View Post
    (OOC: You wouldn't either if you were concentrating on belting forth a tune. :P)
    OOC: Well technically, you can. I mean, I'm pretty good at whistling, but can still be aware of my surroundings when I do it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by GF93 View Post
    OOC: Well technically, you can. I mean, I'm pretty good at whistling, but can still be aware of my surroundings when I do it. :P
    (OOC: That's why I said outward. It's hard to wave at something/someone when playing a two-handed instrument. :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator
    - Idol of Thomas the Destroyer
    - 13 Black 2099
    - The Wiimote of Nintendonite
    - The Axiomatic DVD
    - A Collection of Silver-Age Comicbooks
    - An Infinite Pouch of Malteasers
    - Bonzo dog doodah band discography.
    Ooh, so many oddities, so little time.

I suppose I'll go for the...idol of Thomas the Destroyer...theeee infinite pouch of Malteasers (In fact, sod the multiverse! I can die a happy man now I have this beauty!) aaaand maaaaybeeee theeeee, ahhhhh...Bonzos compilation album. I'm certain my gadgets and doodads can help further increase its power and range of abilities. Plus, it means more Bonzos. Hee.

Oooo. That last one was good. Choosing the beret, she pondered her next choice.

"Let's go, Witches broom! And... hmm.... let's have... Candy! A Magic Torch! And.... uhh...."
    Marisa was out of ideas. But one choice left, if her counting was right.
    Shrugging, figuring one last stupid option wasn't gonna kill her, she waggled her fingers at the machine, "Maaaaagggggiiiiiiccccc~"

As Epsilon waited for everyone else to finish, it noticed Eudial passing the time by playing the pungi. Although it was a robot, its human-like AI program meant that it was beginning to get bored, and considered doing something as well as it waited. It retracted its right hand back to place three (Unknown to the others, disarmed) Tactical Ordnance bombs into its left, before returning its right hand and taking one of the Bombs there.

With that, it began to juggle the Pipebombs with surprising finesse.

Register To Comment