Register To Comment
Page 57 of 95 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    OOC: This is fine, but to be clear definitley counts as a choice.
    OOC: Don't worry, I'm aware of that. I haven't decided what else I'll go with yet, but I'll think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by kodster View Post
    "...nobody?" she inquired uncertainly.
    "Oh don't worry!" Marisa said, sorting out her mushrooms, "I'll come along, ze, just let me ask and see if I can get something useful too..."
    She looked around, seeing what else everyone got, before deciding, "I think I'm going to ask for a... magic wand. Easier to carry then a staff." Marisa nodded to herself, pleased with her choice.

"...Coldplay?" Twitch asked nobody in particular. He didn't know if it was just him, but whenever he listened to Coldplay, he found himself falling asleep by song's end. So the mix tape was probably a bad idea. Infinite jam seemed useful for solving hunger issues, but if the multiverse ended, hunger would be quite low on the list of people's priorities, he imagined. Stun grenades...might work, but would probably be undone if someone else walked in on them. Plus they might affect the rest of his group, and that would be counter-productive.

That left the Invisibility Spell, the Steel Wing gel, the Mach Speed Bombs, and the magic knife. And, once again, Twitch was reminded of the inherent nuisance of his avian nature, the fact he didn't have hands. He was a little apprehensive about having only three of the super-speed grenades, but then Epsilon took the dead bomb he had been given, appeared to examine it, then the mechanoid's arm changed shape, before it mentioned a Weapon Array. The macaw looked a little confused, but he looked from the robot's arm to the three explosives, and he did wonder......

"I'll take the Invisibility thing of that guy, the Metal Feather stuff, and the Flash Bombs, please!" Twitch told the computer.

"Excellent." Epsilon commented to himself as he examined his new weapon. "It seems to work better than I expected. If I can choose up to two more items, that should allow me to generate weapons from those, too."

He then analysed the machine once more and realised that he could suggest two more items from it afterwards, and therefore two more weapons. After some consideration as to what he could potentially use, he came to a decision- "For my other two items, I request a Tesla Coil and a Circular Saw."
    Last edited by GF93; 30th April 2014 at 00:37.

For my last search...

"World peace"

Gaunt walked back into the office of O.T. Hedgehog.

"Now then, you said you had a business proposition to discuss?"

LELAND AND CLEO

"Listen, I'm not in charge of who hires what around here. What I can do is give you... some freelance work that you seem expertly suited for.... and if you perform adequately I can introduce you to the big man upstairs to discuss some more permanent employment. Sound good?"

THE ITEM ROOM

Your request for "magic wand" yielded the following result:

Lapiz Wand The personal crafting wand of Glinfae Lapiz, a famous Artisan-archmage born 60,000 years ago. She specialized exclusively in gemstone magic, but was more concerned about creating beautiful art than the usual wizards. Her most famous works include the great kaleidoscopic floor of Melded's Cathedral and the Sapphire City of Quun. This is one of her many workshop wands rather than ones she used in public - it allows the wielder to manipulate the shape of stone into any form that can be imagined, although on a fairly small scale, this is one of her detailing wands. It can broadly manipulate about the volume of a car of stone at one time.

Your request for "tesla coil" yielded the following result:

Tesla's original Tesla coil Literally exactly what it says.

Your request for "circular saw" yielded the following:

Abraxian Vortex Saw - Using solid blades is so Earth. The people of the planet Abraxia have long used technology which hyper-pressurises energised atmosphere into the requisite blade shape, meaning that there is no need to ever replace the blade.

Your request for "world peace" yielded.... WARNING! WARNING! EXTREME DANGER DETECTED, PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION.... the following result:

World Peace - World Peace was the name of a horrific nanoplague that nearly destroyed Earth Zero seven hundred years ago. The nanoplage was responsible for the permanent mind wiping of over 8 million people and leaving several major cities as homogenised metal structures. The plague rewrites every being into a perfect drone, thus eventually causing the world peace that it was named. If it wasn't for Doomforall's intervention it probably would have succeeded.

WARNING: TAKING THIS FINAL SAMPLE OF WORLD PEACE REQUIRES A MAJORITY CONSENSUS OF RIFT-TOUCHED (OOC: eg. the party)

Gaunt was a bit disappointed. O.T. Hedgehog here wasn't much more useful to him than the desk receptionist. Additionally, the prospect of having to do this company's dirty work wasn't exactly thrilling either. Unfortunately it seemed he'd have to play along if he wanted to get anywhere. If worse came to worse he might be able to enlist the assistance of someone in the party.

"That seems agreeable enough to me. What did you have in mind?"

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    Your request for "tesla coil" yielded the following result:
    Tesla's original Tesla coil Literally exactly what it says.

Your request for "circular saw" yielded the following:
    Abraxian Vortex Saw - Using solid blades is so Earth. The people of the planet Abraxia have long used technology which hyper-pressurises energised atmosphere into the requisite blade shape, meaning that there is no need to ever replace the blade.
    "Wow." Epsilon commented as it accepted the two items- even though it was a robot, and therefore should not have logically been capable of expressing surprise at what it had received, it couldn't help but feel impressed by what it had recieved. "The original Tesla Coil, and alien technology...these are perfect."

With that, Epsilon held the Vortex Saw in its right hand, and due to the Tesla Coil being almost as big as it was, it settled for placing its left hand on the contraption as it began to concentrate. Although the machine was switched off, Epsilon could feel electrical energy surging into it from downloading its data- its stare through the expressionless visor remained unbroken however, and after about 30 seconds, the Copying Process was completed.

It then repeated the process on the Vortex Blade- the process was faster due to the tool being much smaller than the Tesla Coil Epsilon had copied moments earlier, but by the end of it, the Blade disappeared from the Android's hand. Epsilon stood back and activated the Weapons Data it had just copied- its hands were back to their normal positions, albeit with its Wrist Weapons turned off.
    Epsilon held out its right hand, and immediately, a shining white disc-like object appeared in it. The edge of this new weapon gleamed in the light from the Item Machine's screen, and looked razor sharp- as if it could cut through almost anything. Epsilon recognised it as the Vortex Blade it had just copied. "Now this is a nice-looking weapon." Epsilon thought to itself as it dematerialised the Vortex Blade again, and activated its other new weapon.

The Android's hand glowed a faint blue-white colour, and trails of electric energy sparked as it closed it into a fist. Epsilon pointed with its now-electrified hand tentatively, and from it leapt a small bolt of lightning that let off a loud crack of thunder, startling some of the other people inside the room.
    "Very, very nice." Epsilon observed, with a very slightly, but evidently happier version of its usual robotic tone. "These should come in handy." Unknown to anyone but itself, more computerised text appeared along the Android's HUD- WEAPON COPY COMPLETED. GET EQUIPPED WITH- LIGHTNING_BLITZ* AND VORTEX_BLADE**.

*-This grants Epsilon the ability to attack with powerful short-to-medium-ranged lightning bursts from his hands, and can also charge his hands with high voltage electricity for electricially-charged melee attacks. It lacks power from a distance however, and cannot be used underwater for obvious reasons.

**- A lightweight Circular Saw-like throwing weapon, composed of hyper-pressurised atmosphere with technology originating from the Planet Abraxia. It is razor sharp and can slice through almost anything with deadly accuracy, allowing it to work effectively at most ranges.

Marisa figured (and sort of hoped, WARNINGS are generally bad but she had no idea what the hell the rest of it was about) that the angel was having fun with words.

"What do I get for.... uh.... Easy Mode?"

This is fun!

Register To Comment