Register To Comment
Page 12 of 95 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

The door was open! Finally, Twitch was able to get out of here, maybe now he'd be able to figure out what was going on, and get himself somewhere safe. Picking up his ABBA cassette and magnet in his beak, he kicks himself up into the air, and starts flying along the corridor, a little behind Eudial and Playzooki, whose rapport appeared to be strictly one-way at this juncture, and the creature who seemed to be known as Spod.

At that point, though, he heard a faint calling behind him, pausing momentarily as he tried to figure out where it came from. He heard the same call again, and he would have replied had he not been using his beak to hold his stuff. Flying cautiously back into the room, he took a quick look around, before he spotted a figure he hadn't noticed earlier. Maybe she had been asleep or something. He glanced from her, to the door, and back to her again. She must have wanted to get out of here too, she looked freezing.

Shuddering almost violently from the cold, Khloe looked up from the ground. She could see a figure at the other side of the room, but she couldn't make out who or what it was. Her vision was still blurry, she took a few steps forward before calling out again.

"Who.... Who's there?" She called, rubbing her palms together to try and generate some kind of warmth.

As Eudial, Playzooki and Spod exit the room the pass through the maze of the complex, mostly offices and holding cells with no sign of life at all. They do pass two rooms on their travels - the first a vault with an incredibly large and thick door, secondly a lift with a lot of hazard signs and security devices, suggesting that this is where the most dangerous arrivals are locked down - the lift is currently without power, it seems it requires some kind of key to activate it. Continuing past both these rooms for now though, eventually the trio find a battered down door leading to sunlight, and see that Leland Gaunt is heading down the road towards them.

Khloe hasn't realised that Professor Vengeance, Twitch, Cleo and Marisa are still in the room.

Shaking her head furiously, Khloe glanced around the room to get a better look. She realised there were in fact people in the room, which made her feel somewhat stupid. As her vision improved, she noticed Twitch and approached him, seeing as he was the closest person too her.

"Um... Hey there. Can you tell me where I am?" She asked, seeming confused by all that was around her.

*Eudial espies Gaunt* ...wait... is that... I thought he was destroyed! What's going on here?

Aurelia finds it hard to grasp exactly what she is looking at. This place was MASSIVE, as is... that... knee?

"Caspasian, I am so riddled... and looking at my stowaways down there I am not alone. What... what do you know of all of this? How did we end up here? How did you? Who has the power to so cruelly take us from our respective positions to here? Where is here? What is to be our cause? Our quest? How will you and your people act upon what is happening here today? And... what is up with that giant knee?...

... I hope this won't be our final farewell Caspasian... "

Quote Originally Posted by kodster View Post
    *Eudial yells in panic* Well excuuuuse me if this is the first time I've been thrown into an alternate universe!!! I... I-I don't have experience in these matters, unlike you!

*Eudial stops short in her ranting, trying to master herself* ...so why haven't you just blasted us all into a pile of ash and have done with it? Surely if you're a true villain, you couldn't give a damn about anyone else here. Or are you trying to use them for other means? Work ethic, I suppose?

*she's still hugely apprehensive about the Prof. and it's showing on her face*
    Oh, well, now that is stereotyping if ever I heard it! Because I'm a villain I must be some one-note, monotone avatar of destruction with mummy issues up the Khyber and the adolescent delusion that bringing about the apocalypse is cool because death sucks anyway so why not!

I am a supervillain, m'lady. A leader. A conqueror! The reason you are all still alive is because I still have no idea if you're even worthy of my pinching your wallets, never mind zapping you into dust. A true villain does not mindlessly slaughter every stranger who comes a-knockin' at the castle door. A true villain believes everyone has their uses in His world - not matter how menial they might be.

As a matter of fact, I could ask you the same thing: why haven't you frazzled me to a crisp yet? Is it curiosity? Fear? Or am I not worth your time either?

Quote Originally Posted by playzooki View Post
    "Woah, its professor vengeance!"

(Surely he knows how to get out!)

..."Yeah, hes my favourite villain!"
    Now see, this little ragamuffin gets it!

Hmm...great strength, fairly agile, none too clever... Someone wants to be a henchman when he grows up! Listen, mah boi, I have connections to every major goon, lackey and stormtrooper union on Earth. Help me get out of this place in one live piece and I'll throw you a few calling cards!

[much haxxors with the controls]

Ahhh. That's much more civilized. And look, some service to boot! Dibs on the flying robot! I could use a new bionic butler until I get back home to Criswell.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
    I think that us five should stay together for now. Professor, which way do you suggest we go?
    GYAAAH!

Aaaand it's a talking cat. Of course it is. It's never anything simple, is it?

Well, since everyone else has buggered off without so much as a "TTFN" - and since I am still the cleverest man left in the room - I suppose we'd better follow me and get after them, hadn't we? Besides, there's still too many questions that need answering about this place. I don't like people wandering off, especially if they might be in on the whole gag.

Well, come along, come along! Best get our beastly dull introductions out the way as we go! Professor Vengeance, professional super-criminal, snappy dresser, frightful wit, Napoleon of Crime, etc etc etc. You get the general idea.

Quote Originally Posted by majinb View Post
    Aurelia finds it hard to grasp exactly what she is looking at. This place was MASSIVE, as is... that... knee?

"Caspasian, I am so riddled... and looking at my stowaways down there I am not alone. What... what do you know of all of this? How did we end up here? How did you? Who has the power to so cruelly take us from our respective positions to here? Where is here? What is to be our cause? Our quest? How will you and your people act upon what is happening here today? And... what is up with that giant knee?...

... I hope this won't be our final farewell Caspasian... "
    "I know this is not my universe... the song of the light is different... and afraid... though I know not of what..."

He pauses.

"I must confess as to the specifics, I know no more than you, I have been in that room for months until you arrived. I do not think we were bought here purposefully, I think the machine you just exit is more to land things in a safe place rather than cause inter-universal movement. I initially began to fall freely, but I detected the energies of the machine my fall stabilised. Perhaps it is a safety net of sorts? I know not, nor where this is.

You must find your own cause now, though I think for ones such as ourselves, our cause must be the same as before - to bring light into a dark universe, it is still the most worthy goal imaginable, even if the place has changed

As for that thing... his light grows more intense and concerned, I recognise it from legends... it appears to be the remains of a Void-Archon, though I had thought they had left reality near the beginning of the universe. They were great builders, constructing whole galaxies according to intricate designs and laying the seeds for other life. They were... not favoured by my people as though they created stars they also created many places of shadow. They were all meant to be dead, the fact that even this toppled one still contains energy greatly concerns me.

This is not our final farewell, a Knight of the Trans-Solar Host does not forget those who aid him, and when time is darkest, the Host will aid you Angel.

I must now return and consult with the Prime-Solarii, fare thee well Child of Heaven!"

Continuing down the path, Gaunt saw a broken down door. Within it he spotted... One of the people that had been in the room with him? And there were others there as well.

(Did they follow me after all? By why would they have ended up somewhere else)

He decided the questions didn't matter at the present moment and put on as pleasant a face as he could manage, which in truth could be fantastically welcoming. He called out:

"Hello in there! You should really come out and see! I think you'll be quite amazed!"

Register To Comment