Register To Comment
Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

(OOC: I want Eudial to learn how to summon a being!

Please. D: )

EUDIAL

After deciding to learn how to summon a being, Eudial heads down to the library to peruse the magic sections. After rummaging around a bit, she locates a spell in an arcane language she gets the gist of but not the specifics, and tries it out...

and discovers the ability to use a Patronus!

Eudial's patronus takes the form of a "Kirin" - the Chinese equivelant to the unicorn, although is a bit more dragonish than the Unicorn itself. It resembles a Unicorn with light scaling and hair that moves like fire. The Patronus is a potent spirit creature, capable of busting through simpler magics are repelling creatures powered by black magic such as the undead as well as fighting more conventional foes side by side. It only lasts as long as Eudial can maintain sufficient concentration.

The penultimate ship spiralled downwards towards the ground, clearly no longer in one piece, and Twitch paused for a moment, surveying the scene that had just played out. With the help of the Old Worlds Society, and his invisibility spell, he had taken on an entire fleet of ships and creatures......yet they had ended up, and the parrot had almost no idea how......winning.

"Yeah!" he exclaimed, performing a celebratory loop-de-loop, "I can't believe that worked, you guys were awesome!" The macaw spun around to where he expected the Old Worlds Society to be, hoping they were there rather than several yards to his right or some direction like that. "Hey, maybe we can get into the castle now..." he suggested, before flying his way up to the shield, circling the structure to try and find some way in. It looked pretty solid, though, the shield had held up to all that attacking, so Twitch doubted he'd be able to simply fly through it. He came to a stop near a window, however, when he spotted Eudial in what appeared to be the library. He didn't know what she was doing, but at least there was someone he could get in contact with.

"Hey, Eudial! Eudial! Over here!" he called, while performing flips, twists, loops and the like outside the window to attract her attention. "Eudial! It's me, Twitch! Get George to open up the-" he began, before abruptly stopping his acrobatics. "...oh, right, I'm invisible." he said to himself, hoping that the rest of the Society had managed to follow him. "Eudial, I've got the Old World's Society out here as well," he explained to the redhead. Twitch did wonder why it always seemed to be the red witch he ended up running into. "Could you get George to open up the shield so we can get in?"

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    LELAND GAUNT

The Crab takes him to one side, and talks to him.

"Let me be frank, I am not entirely sure why you were promoted to this position, it would seem the person in charge of recruiting the personal guard suddenly bought up your name shortly before the battle begun and assured us of your prowess. Honestly, the first three were good picks with solid reputations, and we didn't have time to argue about it. Suffice to say, if you don't live up to your job to the uptmost of your ability, Demon, the rest of your life will probably be short and very uncomfortable.

As to who you are fighting, it is a group of villains who have stolen the powers of the rift. Your job is not to engage the Rift Wielder directly, as that would likely result in your death, but to assist in taking down their supporters while Lord Vengeance engages the powers himself."
    Well here was a fine ironic twist Gaunt could appreciate. Fight the group of people he came in for whatever this mysterious rift was about. Admittedly he hadn't gotten to know many of them well and as a rule he usually didn't give a damn about other people anyway. However he also didn't think anything positive (for him at least) could come of this Vengeance-clone succeeding. Most annoyingly, death seemed to be waiting for him on either end. Either "fail" his job here or attack the others and probably face a slow-roasting death from that Eudial woman.

Gaunt also decided he didn't much care for the attitude of this creature talking to him.

"I see," Gaunt said, his eyes narrowing. "Well if my duties are currently limited to standing around this room then no doubt I could perform them admirably. Somehow I doubt that's what going to happen though so maybe we could just cut to the chase. It seems as if all hell has broken loose already."

TWITCH and GEORGE

George opens up a doorway in the shielding that allows Twitch to access the inside of the castle again, rejoining the team. The three surviving members of the Old World Society have however, already made their ways inside, and are gathering themselves around the Courtyard containing the Timesplitting Oak.

The Botanist is not really interested in the proceedings, but is examining the tree very closely. Twitch notes that the little portals have now closed, and the centrel trunk of the tree is decidedly thicker than before, and there is a quality of ripeness to it that wasnt there even a few hours ago.

LELAND GAUNT

"The interference of the Old Worlds Society has delayed plans somewhat, but it is inevitable that the criminals will counter attack at some point. I'm locating other high class warriors, and for some arbitrary reason, WE WILL RECRUIT ONE EXTRA WARRIOR PER DAY THAT WE HAVE. I'm told it's something to do with paperwork."

As stated, the paperwork has come through for one extra warrior, who is teleported in aboard Lord Vengeance's ship. Usefully, a big flat screen showing a quick bio of him appears next to him:

Dave "Xenothraxus" Poots
    Once one of the most feared names in Melded, the living skeleton Xenothraxus struck terror into the citizens using his horrific bone-omancy, used to assemble monsters out of bones, and drain the lift of any he touches. That was until people found out his name was Dave Poots and before he had taken up villainy, he had been a plasterer from Bromley. It's hard to remain threatening when everyone refers to you as Dave Poots, although in a fight he is still dangerous.

Aurelia to Meander:"Meander, as a good detective I feel like I should keep my clients well informed. The good news is that I think I have located your books. The bad news is that they are in the possession of the man currently trying to kill us with hordes and hordes of minions."

Aurelia looks at her equipment. The sword given to her by Caspasian after she saved his life, and the other weaponry connected to him and his fellow members of the Trans-Solar Host.

"George... Anjushree... you are knowledgeable individuals, can you help me get in touch with Caspasian?"

AURELIA

Anjushree eyes the sunsword closely and listens to Aurelia's explaination closely before answering.

"You have made powerful allies there, the Trans-Solar host could certainly make a difference here... I suspect the best way to catch their attention is to fly to the top of the tallest tower in this Castle, point the sword up towards the Sun, and request their aid/state our need in the most melodramatic way you can manage. The more dramatic the better, they'll probably send more warriors the more awesome you make it, although remember not to ramble either - a couple of sentences at most."

With a certain amount of haste, and the customary one or two wrong turns - this time stumbling across a room containing a precisely arranged hat stand, desk, chair, lamp, notebook and cup of tea - Twitch made his way back to the courtyard, appearing alongside the Timesplitting Oak once again. Or he would have done, had he not been under the influence of his invisibility spell.

Taking a moment to examine the tree, Twitch noticed there were no longer the scurrying beetles that had plagued Sally Streater surrounding it. Presumably, he thought, that meant it had gathered up enough of whatever it had been gathering up. He would find out whether that was good or bad later, the parrot imagined, as would the rest of them. Right now, though, there was still the matter of whatever was attacking the castle to be dealt with.

"Okay, I'm back now, I brought the Old Worlds Society, and we're all invisible," he informed the group, hoping that last point wouldn't cause too much confusion, "Anyone want to tell me what the fighting's all about?"

Quote Originally Posted by Anjushree View Post
    "You have made powerful allies there, the Trans-Solar host could certainly make a difference here... I suspect the best way to catch their attention is to fly to the top of the tallest tower in this Castle, point the sword up towards the Sun, and request their aid/state our need in the most melodramatic way you can manage. The more dramatic the better, they'll probably send more warriors the more awesome you make it, although remember not to ramble either - a couple of sentences at most."
    Aurelia flies towards the highest tower of the castle, as Anjushree suggested, and strikes a dramatic pose, her sword held upright.

"O TRANS-SOLAR HOST, TRANS-SOLAR HOST, WHERE ART THOU TRANS-SOLAR HOST? LEND ME THY EARS, O WARRIORS OF THE SUN, WHO RIDE FORTH INTO SPACE FROM ITS WARM EMBRACE TO BEAT BACK THE DARKNESS IN THE UNIVERSE, THOU ART LIGHT INCARNATE, RIDING ONWARDS AGAINST THE SHADOWS!

IT IS I, AURELIA, HEAVENLY COMMANDER, ALLY OF THE GRAND CASPASIAN, MEMBER OF THE TRILLIONTH TRANS-SOLAR HOST, HUMBLY HELD UPRIGHT IN MY HAND IS THE TOKEN OF OUR FRIENDSHIP, THE HOLY SWORD WITH IN ITS FABRIC THE ESSENCE OF THE SUN ITSELF, GRANTED BY COMRADE CASPASIAN OF THY RANKS WHOM I SAVED FROM THE JAWS OF DARKNESS SCANT MOMENTS BEFORE.

THIS WORLD IS IN GRAVE PERIL, AND MY FRIENDS AND I, ASSEMBLED BY NAUGHT BUT FATE, HAVE TAKEN UPON OURSELVES THE MAGNIFICENT TASK OF STANDING BETWEEN THIS FINE WORLD AND THE VILLAINY THAT DOST DESIRE TO CAUSE THE PREMATURE DEMISE OF THIS WORLD AND OTHER MAGNIFICENT WORLDS ALIKE.

BEHOLD THE BRAVE WARRIORS IN THE CASTLE BELOW, THEY EFFORTLESSLY THROW THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE FOR A WORLD THAT IS NOT THEIRS, DEEP IN THEIR HEARTS THEY WANT BUT TO RETURN TO WHENCE THEY CAME, YET LO AND BEHOLD, AGAINST OVERWHELMING ODDS THEY FIGHT, THEIR SPIRITS ART WILLING, YET THEIR FLESH IS WEAK, IF NOT FOR A DIVINE INTERVENTION, IN SCANT MOMENTS THEY SHALL BE NO MORE, THEY SHALL CEASE TO BE, EXPIRE AND GO TO MEET THEIR MAKER, BE STIFF, BEREFT OF LIFE, REST IN PEACE, PUSHING UP DAISIES, THEIR METABOLIC PROCESSES SHALL BE HISTORY, THEY SHALL HOP THE PROVERBIAL TWIG, KICK THE BUCKET, SHUFFLE OFF THEIR MORTAL COILS, RUN DOWN THE CURTAIN AND JOIN THE CHOIR INVISIBLE, THEY SHALL BE EX-BEINGS!

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE ASSISTING US, THAT IS THE QUESTION, WHETHER 'TIS NOBLER IN THE MIND TO SUFFER THE SLINGS AND ARROWS OF OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE, OR TO TAKE ARMS AGAINST A SEA OF TROUBLES, AND BY OPPOSING END THEM? THOU MAY THINK THIS IS NOT THY FIGHT, THAT ASKING THEE TO THROW THY LIVES ON THE LINE NEXT TO OURS IS FOUL, YET SOMETIMES, FAIR IS FOUL AND FOUL IS FAIR.

O TRANS-SOLAR HOST, OOH, THOU ART SO BIG, SO ABSOLUTELY HUGE, GOSH, WE ART REALLY IMPRESSED DOWN HERE, I CAN TELL THEE, FORGIVE US, O TRANS-SOLAR HOST, FOR THIS, OUR DREADFUL TOADYING AND BAREFACED FLATTERY, BUT THOU ART SO STRONG AND, WELL, JUST SO SUPER FANTASTIC, US HUMBLE RIFT TOUCHED ORGANISMS KNEEL BEFORE THEE."
    Last edited by majinb; 28th June 2014 at 22:52.

Register To Comment