Register To Comment
Page 45 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Gaunt stared at the Sucker, apparently in deep thought, but very suddenly looked away from the creature and over at Cleo.

"It's been too much time. Either Eudial has forgotten or abandoned us here, or something went wrong when she showed up at Vengeance's new floating fortress. Nothing good for us either way, and at the very least our request to join that party is being ignored. Time to make our own way for the present wouldn't you say? I think there's nothing else for it but to investigate this PTT Corporation ourselves if the others don't know about it. And besides... I'm getting rather sick of this room."

CLEO and LELAND (and everyone else to read for record)

Now connected to the systems of Doomforall's Castle, George is capable of wirelessly picking up on the conversations of any party members when needed.

"Greetings fellow entourage members! I am now monitoring your conversations and can assist you in several ways! I have access to the short range teleportation systems and can transport you to any external location within fifteen miles of the castle, including just outside PTT headquarters! Bear in mind that I require a seven minutes notice of you standing within a few meters of your initial request location to teleport you from somewhere indoors

I can also bypass digital security functions where needed, and provide information from the low security databases on any subject you require. Once my master returns I shall hopefully be able to access deeper security databases"

VENGEANCE

Exiting the ship once more, Vengeance cautiously approaches the shuttle, all power seems to be on minimal but through the window he can just about glimpse the being inside - a large white griffon, looking haggard and starved, and breathing shallowly. It doesn't seem to notice Vengeance's presence, it's attention too focused on maintaining the remains of some fragile looking spell that looks to be crumbling like very old paper exposed to the wind.

PLAYZOOKI

Is bought a selection of miniature quiches.

(this isn't going to be the best post, I'm stressed out at the mo' due to moving/packing and stuff)
    ----
    So. This was Lord Doomforall. Eudial stared. He hardly looked the "lordly" part... but then again, Prof. Vengeance himself looked absolutely ridiculous but had proven to wield great power, so it wasn't the best time to judge a book by its cover.

Her mind wandered to the dark energy... for the tiniest space of time, a desire to wield such power passed through her. If it could reduce a Lord to a state such as this, there was little doubt of its potency. But then reality set in... that much power would destroy her inside and out. Eudial knew she wasn't holden enough to direct such concentrated energy and, in any case, it was likely the one thing here that was said to be the destroyer of the multiverse as they knew it. The desire puffed out of her head like a candle being snuffed out.

Vengeance had left the ship again. "Damn it," said Eudial surlily. "I hate being holed up here. My powers are useless in this vessel. Is there nothing to do before that man comes back?"

But before anyone could answer, she whipped around and glared at the form of Doomforall again. If he really was a Lord... "...would it be wise to wake this guy?" she asked George. "There's a good possibility that he'd be very hostile, and this isn't exactly one of the better places to awake in. I mean, answers won't do us any good if we all get blasted into bits before he can give them."

LELAND AND CLEO

"As you wish sirs, please allow me time to initiate teleportation"

There is an awkward seven minutes of standing in the same spot while George's teleportation systems match on to the inside of the building, but after that, the teleportation is far smoother and more pleasant than that of Vortigon the Alakazam to the point where the two actually feel like they just had a refreshing shower when they arrive outside of PTT headquarters.

What they see when they get there is a vast, improbable skyscraper that seems to function almost like a balloon - clearly when it was built ground space in this expensive and highly desirable district was at a premium, and so the entrance to the headquarters is a bizarre flexible lift chord, heading up about 30 floors where it arrives into a spherical building hovering in the air with a translucent membrane allowing you to see the outer offices, but presumably also providing the shielding from the mind of the Sucker.

The lift appears to be open for public use though for going to the front desk.

EUDIAL

After looking at the body for a while, there is no sign of life at all, no breathing, and no movement in general. Doomforall looks pretty dead to her eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    EUDIAL

After looking at the body for a while, there is no sign of life at all, no breathing, and no movement in general. Doomforall looks pretty dead to her eyes.
    Something wasn't right here, but Eudial didn't care. She felt her hand moving inexorably forward, and it took the palm of the Lord and tried to feel a pulse or something... anything...

EUDIAL

Eudial tries to find a pulse, but there is no sign of anything, for all she can tell Doomforall is dead and has been for a while.

Eudial lets go and backs off, feeling repulsed that she did that.

(grrrrrr :P)

After they arrived at their new location, Gaunt stared slightly open-mouthed at the building. This was getting to be too much to deal with. But what other choice was there? None that's what. He turned his attention to the elevator door and sneered. The memory of his last trip into a building here was all too fresh in his mind (and he still wasn't properly dry from that encounter either). Well, he'd be much more on his guard this time around.

With a resigned sigh he turn to look at Cleo.

"Well, shall we then?"

Twitch paced around the floor for a moment, muttering things to himself, still trying to come to terms with the fact that he had just flown his way through the vacuum of space without either being frozen or exploding. How he had survived that, he had no idea, but at least now they had their target, the apparent Doomforall. He didn't look especially doom-y to the macaw, less so when Eudial checked his fingernails for space dirt, or whatever it was she was doing.

"So...what's the deal with him?" Twitch asked, hovering up alongside Eudial to get a better look at Doomface. That would be Twitch's name for him. Looking people eye-to-eye was tricky when you were barely two feet tall.

Register To Comment