Register To Comment
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Mini-Tournament of Death 5

Welcome to the second round of Heat A! In our first fight, the flippers tried but they couldn't match the powers of Revolver Ocelot and returning ex-champ Psychosis. In the second fight, however, champs proved that they aren't invincible as WhipCoil went out, followed by Revenge of Theseus, leaving Flick of the Wrist and MiDAS to advance!

Let's divide by two again, shall we?

Heat A
    Round 2
    MiDAS vs. Revolver Ocelot

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots: King Leer, Exa-Gore-Ic Quattro

ACTIVATE!

And we're off to the races! MiDAS blazes out with its lifter raised...curious. Revolver Ocelot is looking to MiDAS a facefull... problem is, MiDAS is keeping the face quite well back! So let's see... Ocelot gets nearer... and nearer... and suddenly, without warning, MiDAS lowers the lifters on top of Revolver Ocelot, where the axle would be, seemingly halting Ocelot's progress! What sheer ingenuity! And now down comes that axe! WHACK - OH! A bounce, and - CRAAASH!!! Ah, Ocelot didn't get the blow he wanted, but the bar reached far enough to the side to nick, so to speak, one of the side skirts and there is a massive collision as the skirt is ripped out entirely!! Both bots go sailing away from either... and Revolver Ocelot is determined to get that bar to do some more rottenness! MiDAS sails back in, but Josh has different ideas! He moves Ocelot off to the side, where the exposed side now is, and MiDAS now has to back off to prevent Ocelot from getting at the side! Ocelot keeps going though, and MiDAS raises the lifters again as to prevent them from getting hit. This is quite tactical stuff here, goodness me. Ocelot then angles in quite suddenly! MiDAS is thrown off and tries lowering the lifters, but Ocelot pushes through anyway! WHAP! ...well, that's not good! The rubber off of one of MiDAS' tires has been chewed right off! This could be the beginning of the end! At this point, MiDAS forgets the previous tactic and now decides to use his rear mounted plow, I see! Problem is, is it too little, too late?! Ocelot continues to spin to win, indubitable in its spinning bar's power. MiDAS is careful to compensate for its removed tire, trying to line the angle up into Ocelot's bar... but the Blood Gulch machine isn't letting him do it! What a wacky Ocelot! Nick isn't too happy, but decides to go for it anyway, and MiDAS rolls backwards into Ocelot... CRAAASH!!! Ocelot catches the side of the plow! It's torn up and this separates them quite a bit! Here comes Ocelot again, and manages to get in another strong hit before MiDAS can get the plow facing them again! WHAP! ...there goes another tire!!! On the same side, even! That's really going to mess up their mobility, innit?!

Desperate to get some sort of offense going, MiDAS just plow into Ocelot now, anticipating the wide angle he's travelling in! Ocelot hits the plow and tears it up more, but it sends him into the wall! MiDAS has crushed Ocelot against the wall! Oh my! Could this battle turn on its head?! They're going along the wall to the CPZ! Exa-Gore-Ic awaits! Josh certainly doesn't want to be near the house robot and fights with every fibre he has, but Nick has the final say! In goes Ocelot, and the claws gobble him up! ...and they completely penetrate the sides of Ocelot, right through both rear wheels!!! That can't be good!! MiDAS tries to further capitalize, but his gimped driving causes him to slam straight into the nearby wall! Ouch. Ironically this has allowed Revolver Ocelot, who was grabbed from the rear, to spin its blade up!! MiDAS, get back in there! ...well. It seems Ocelot was ripe for some tongue-lashing, and Exa-Gore-Ic is giving him an arse full of it with that spike. Quite bothersome, I'd say. Nick struggles to keep MiDAS in control and turn him around reliably, but with 3 wheels on one side and only 1 on the other, that's not an easy feat! Okay... at last, Exa-Gore-Ic releases Revolver Ocelot... who's definitely moving much slower now... in fact, he's barely moving at all! Only the two front wheels are functional, and they don't have as much power as they did before. But that bar is still going... and finally MiDAS lines up perfectly and slams rear-first into the blade! CRAAAASH!!! I think we saw it coming, but still, the sight of MiDAS' entire plow getting torn right out is definitely a sight to see! But even after all that, MiDAS is still mobile! He's trying to kind of... turn, to get the front back in. Ocelot's still going, the front wheels just about able to keep him moving... MiDAS drives in again, but this time his ghost of a drivetrain lets him down as he speeds by Ocelot! Given its opportunity, Ocelot takes it. WHAP!

There goes the last wheel on that side! MiDAS goes tumbling... and when he stops, he can only move in a circle! I would say that's game! Revolver Ocelot, damaged as he is, is allowed to advance onwards as The Watcher is at the side of MiDAS immediately, blaring out the countdown we know now too well!
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!

CEASE!

It looks like MiDAS got touched once too often, and his hopes are but fool's gold now. The trigger-happy Revolver Ocelot advances to the Finals in one battered, but still whole, package!

--------
    -------

Next: Psychosis vs. Flick of the Wrist

right
    [19:20:30] Martijn: BOX RUSH WITH MY REAR ASAP
    [19:20:31] Martijn: that
    [19:20:32] Martijn: then
    [19:20:41] Martijn: I will paste this onto the forums
    [19:20:41] Martijn: then
    [19:22:53] Martijn: see how the situation develops, but needless to say he will slow down to SOME extent
    [19:22:58] Martijn: turn around, slip under the forks
    [19:23:05] Kody Kunz: mkay
    [19:23:10] Martijn: lift
    [19:23:12] Martijn: hazard
    [19:23:16] Martijn: preferably hammer
    [19:23:29] Martijn: depending on the exact geometry
    [19:23:42] Martijn: getting a fork in that spinning ring may give me near complete control over him
    [19:24:09] Martijn: but I cant rely on that, yet I can rely on getting SOME degree of control by forking
    [19:24:24] Martijn: see if I can make our little 1 on 1 end with him stacked against the wall
    [19:24:41] Martijn: but just in general when he is spinning FAST use my rear to slow him down and my front to seize control

Psychosis vs. Flick of the Wrist

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots: Asterix Quickfix, Rorschach

ACTIVATE!

¡Ay carumba! Flick of the Wrist is off from his spot like a flash! But he's not driving forward, oh no sir! He's going in reverse!!! Psychosis for its part is spinning up and tries to gets away before Flick of the Wrist impacts into him... but it's not happening! CRASH! It's still a respectable hit and both robots get spun away, but Flick pursues the spinner! Psychosis is trying again, but Flick of the Wrist catches up to him much quicker this time and the second hit is definitely much less potent! Psychosis reels away, stopped, and Martijn seizes the opportunity! Turning around, Flick of the Wrist buries the front into the half-spun cage, taking another minor hit, but moves back in again and slides the forks under! The problem is, it's not between the cage and Psychosis' main body, something Martijn wanted! Oh well, here goes Flick for a ram towards the hammer! But... no! Psychosis slid off! Maybe a saving grace, perhaps? NO! Flick of the Wrist's reflexes are amazing, as he just drives backwards into Psychosis before the spinner gets any real momentum going! Another minor hit, but its only serves to spin Flick around somewhat... with the forks pointed! In comes the Dutch robot! Psychosis is snagged rather easily, I must say! But again, it's the main body Flick gets under, rather than entangling the cage. With the hammer behind him, Flick of the Wrist decides to utilize another hazard - the paddles! As we all know, these blighters revel in sending any unfortunate robot across the arena in a huge burst! Flick drives Psychosis towards one of them now, and stops just a few feet from it; Psychosis slides right into the paddle... and it just rockets him across the arena, almost into the other set of paddles at the other end! Flick of the Wrist continues to hunt Psychosis now, but the British spinner is resilient! It is not, however, having been successful in getting in its shots. Maybe the tide will turn here though as Flick backs into Psychosis again though, and takes a huge shot to the rearquarters... and there's now a great bloody dent in it! Psychosis achieves some distance to spin up again, and Flick backs into Psychosis again! CRASH!! Another hit, and that rear looks worse! But I'll say this for Flick, he's doing well in keeping Psychosis away from his sides! Flick goes back in for one more onslaught, and is pounded yet again by the whirling dervish that is Psychosis' cage! But now the dervish is dormant, and Flick can come in and use the forks! And use them, he does! He gets under Psychosis, again from the main body, and shoves him towards the hammer! Psychosis is trying, but he can't escape, and there's now lucky slide off the front either as Flick deposits him under the hammer at long last! Blimey, they just repaired all that damage from the hammer last battle and now their lid is taking a'knocking again! Flick keeps them pegged in there, and the poor ex-champion is taking numerous bangs now to their roof! Dents are appearing, though not as extreme as Flick's rather ruined rear end. Finally, the 30 seconds in which Flick can hold Psychosis in there are up, and he has to back off. Psychosis exits the hazard area looking pounded, but otherwise fine! Flick of the Wrist is taking no chances, and immediately BACKS in again with the rear! A minor hit again, but it's still a hit! Now Flick seems to be moving just a weeeeeeeee bit slower... but it's still enough to completely halt the Jackson wallop with another ram! Flick turns again and buries the forks under Psychosis. He just simply cannot exploit the forks getting in-between the cage and the main body, but he's still in control as he again lifts Psychosis off the ground! Off they go to the hammer again, and Psychosis just keeps taking licks! Oho! Flick of the Wrist's forks have found another exploit! The wheel slots! The forks, though not penetrating the wheels themselves, manage to snag those open holes and now Psychosis is now truly trapped between a brick and a hard place! There's now several visible dents on the lid of Psychosis, and now Flick pulls him away... but takes him right into the wall! I see what they're trying to do, they're trying to stack the spinner against the wall! But will it work... not quite. What's more, Psychosis slides completely out of Flick's grip, the wheel slots dislodging from the forks, and Psychosis moves away...

It's becoming evident that this has become Martijn's battle to lose as Flick of the Wrist charges into Psychosis again, front-on this time as the gusto from Psychosis' spin seems lost. The hit on the forks is feeble and only mildly turns Flick about a couple of degrees, and the rammer slides under right away. Lift. Psychosis is suspended! But with no hammer to deliver the invertible Son-of-Whyachi to, Flick decides to throw him into a corner and see what happens! Namely... Asterix's corner! Oh yes! And the gaul is not happy, oh no. He gets under Psychosis from the other side, and lifts the patented "mustache" forks up! Like Flick before him, he snags a wheel well and has Psychosis completely at his mercy! Where's he going to go? Right into the arena wall!! Asterix charges the arena wall down with Psychosis in tow, and the impact rattles the arena! Flick of the Wrist keeps tabs on the two robots as Asterix lowers the forks... Psychosis gets away from him, but his driving is now severely compromised - a tire has been punctured! Flick of the Wrist, however, lets up for no one! He charges in again, with the rear once more, but evidently Psychosis' ring recovered from the impact damage of the hammer and the resultant hit is now nearly at full-power! CRASH!! Flick gets sent spiralling! Psychosis - OHO... watch out for that spinner! You wouldn't want to get near that! Flick... you wouldn't either, considering you're now moving pretty slowly yourself! Psychosis is spinning back up now, oh no! Flick of the Wrist has been disabled somewhat! All those hits to the rear must have done something to him! Like... disable him somewhat. But they charge in again and are blasted away... and Psychosis hits the spinner!! CRAAAASH!!! Psychosis feels the hazard's wrath as it catapults him away, narrowly avoiding the paddles again, and now one of his hammers on the cage is completely bent! He tries to spin up again, but the gyroscopic forces and the loss of balance cause him to nearly flip himself! Flick tries to capitalize, but he's really going nowhere fast now! All those hits have jarred his insides about! Psychosis, however, is almost completely helpless; they can't spin up without destroying themselves, and their own drive speed is botched due to all those hammer hits! So what do we do? Well Flick of the Wrist is trying to get some form of attack going... and they're getting nearer and nearer...

Oh my! Will it come down to the first judges' decision of the tournament? It just may! Flick connects with Psychosis at last and tries to lift them up... and does so! Where can they take the spinner?

Flick decides to takes him back to the hammer! But his progress is really slow!

They just barely get there in time and Psychosis takes one more shot before...

CEASE!

And that's it! As the hammer retracts, the judges peer down with interest at what must have been a fight fit for the robotic deities! But wanting to decide it? Bloody hell, no!

----

Psychosis - Flick of the Wrist

Strategy = 0/5 - 5/5 (Psychosis completely failed in its side-attacking tactics, whereas Flick's tactics served him incredibly well)
    Style = 8/10 - 2/10 (Psychosis just looked cool when attacking. Flick of the Wrist had standard rambot charges which weren't exactly the definition of "bling")
    Control = 5/15 - 10/15 (Flick of the Wrist showed more control in its attacks than Psychosis)
    Aggression = 1/20 - 19/20 (Flick of the Wrist destroys this category. Psychosis hardly ever tried to be aggressive and it was Flick doing all the work. Psychosis gets a point for the hits he made, but nothing more)
    Damage = 20/25 - 5/25 (despite the pulverizer damage and the spinner hit late at the end, this was pretty much all Psychosis; they completely destroyed the rear end of Flick of the Wrist, in turn disabling them quite a bit)

Total = 34/75 - 41/75

----

A bit close, but Psychosis has to be locked back up in the Jackson asylum due to dementia! Flick of the Wrist moves on and claims a Finals spot!
    Last edited by kodster; 30th March 2014 at 15:26.

And with that, the next heat is as follows!

Heat B
    Mobile Failure 2.5 vs. Last Rites vs. Black Panther vs. Mr. Death
    Coldforge vs. Creature From Black Lagoon vs. Cryoseism vs. Killotine: EVO

Tactics, predictions, thoughts as far, and whatever else you people may find interesting.

I want to axe Mr. Death in the face and push him to Last Rites and see if I can offbalance or bust him if I do it fast enough or something. :v

I'm the real winner though because I'm going to have to go to bed soon because I've been up too long, loooool *passes out*

Heat B
    Round 1
    Mobile Failure 2.5 vs. Last Rites vs. Black Panther vs. Mr. Death

Mobile Failure 2.5 is anything but! Perhaps the name refers to its opponents' state post-match. Tracy Farber's robot has some decent armour backed up with a hinged front wedge, side skirts, and rear scoop, and a hugely powerful pneumatic axe. Nothing to write home about, really, it's a good all-rounder.
    Mini-Tourn History:
    MT4: Got knocked out in Round 2 by Empty Inside.

Where Last Rites enters the arena, destruction is sure to follow. With a 34kg spinning bar going at 2200rpm, and powered by two ETEKs, hardly anything will survive a decent hit. He also had 2WD for better turning, but beyond that there's little else. If you stop the bar, he's completely vulnerable, and that might not do him much good in a melee...
    Mini-Tourn History: None

Black Panther is on the prowl with its scoopy flipper and decently-powerful axe. An interesting feature is the 3cm of titanium foam behind the frontal 7mm Titanium armour, serving as a mesh for opponents to lodge their weapons in and get stuck. He's mildly nippy at 22mph, but he won't push worth a darn.

While not the most threatening-sounding of the four, Mr. Death will be hard to kill with the toughest armour of the bunch with 6mm Ti/V, even the skirts. He even has decent power, but 24mph may be a little uncontrollable. Plus, he has no damaging weaponry. But as the saying goes, "Nobody beats The Brick!"

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots: Teresa, Count Bleck

ACTIVATE!

So we begin with Mobile Failure and Mr. Death racing right at one another! No kidding! They crash together, and Mr. Death's skirts win out... only for Mobile Failure's wedge to travel up it and hit the front! So nobody gains anything from this situation! ...or do they? Mobile Failure is quickly gaining around, as its drivetrain has more torque than its oppressor, and allows it to shove Mr. Death backwards, but not without a struggle! They both dig into the ground, with Tracy ever so slowly pushing Mr. Death back... and this allows Last Rites to barge in! CRAAAAASH!!! Obviously Last Rites wanted to try and hit him both at the same time, but all he got was Mr. Death's skirt... which is completely gone! The skirt itself, now about 25 feet away, is actually relatively fine, save for a dent, but the connecting bit looks completely mangled! Talk about power! And talk about gyroscopes! Last Rites is doing a crazy dance in the middle of the floor... now balancing on one wheel, now landing onto its back, its blade stopped! And now Black Panther makes itself known, flying right in before the heavy spinner can spin back up, and down comes the axe! Smack, smack, smack! Repeated are the blows, and there are now several scars in the Last Rites' armour. They can't get away... or is that even possible? I don't see the wheels moving... blimey! Are they already out?! Alex Holt seems to realize it as well, because Black Panther has backed off... no, no Last Rites is not mobile at all! What a disappointing end for the famed heavyweight spinner! The Watcher creeps up on them while they're not expecting it...

And we're already down to three! Meanwhile, the pushing match between Tracy and playzooki is still going on. Tracy finally fires the axe, but it hardly makes a dent in the armour. More importantly, it allows Mr. Death to get further under her. NOW who's winning the pushing battle? But Black Panther, eager to get more done here, is back on the attack, and crashes into Mr. Death's now exposed side panel. He gets under, quite the feat considering Mobile Failure is on top of Mr. Death pretty much, and tries to axe them. Well he just axed Mobile Failure's wedge instead! It does hardly anything though, so Tracy is okay. Alex tries to gain a bit more leverage by hoisting Mr. Death up, but he doesn't have the leverage nor the power and Black Panther tilts himself up a bit, and lands about half a foot away, allowing Mr. Death to back off and come back in to attack Black Panther instead! Alex waits for playzooki to get near and then fires the axe, but the Ti/V skirt takes it like a champ. Mr. Death manages to get in there and underneath Black Panther before the latter can move away, but he wasn't expecting Mobile Failure to roar in from the side! Fortunately the other side skirt remaining defeats Mobile Failure's wedge and she slides up it. Mr. Death happily shoves Black Panther towards one of the house robots, and that would be Teresa, our nutty nun. Black Panther isn't keen on making friends and fires the axe again, and shakes himself off to the front-right of Mr. Death. playzooki re-wedges him, but his line-up with the house robot is broken... what's more, Mobile Failure is continuing to pursue! WHACK goes the axe on Mr. Death's rear skirt, but again doing little than aggravating the brick. Mr. Death shoves Black Panther against the wall, but can't really do much more than that, so it backs into Mobile Failure... and the exact same thing happens. Mobile Failure fails to get under Mr. Death but wedges up into the flat rear panel and pushes against it. Black Panther gets away and gets to the skirted side of Mr. Death as the playzooki machine is pushed into the wall, and begins to pummel it. It's not really doing much damage, but it is scoring aggression points for Black Panther. Oh, hold the phone here!! Black Panther just struck one of Mr. Death's exposed tires!!! And that is a great puncture!! AND AGAIN!! The wheel is surely destroyed!! And Black Panther continues to attack that same wheel! It's gone! It's outta there!! And now 30 seconds have passed... Mobile Failure, let him go!

As Mobile Failure backs the hell off, Mr. Death moves off in a wide arc, the back left wheel completely hosed! The axebots seem to have teamed up on him, and with only 3 wheels left, the situation is even more dire! Mobile Failure moves back again, again dismally failint to get under Mr. Death, but shoves against the flat panel. Black Panther continues to wail on Mr. Death, but Mr. Death moves away and attacks Black Panther! Only he missed! Black Panther is treated to the unskirted side, and gets right under! Without any Mobile Failure on top of the grim reaper, Alex now has more than enough power to hoist Mr. Death into the air! Mobile Failure gets to the other side and now it's an axe party! Whacka whacka indeed. But still, the 6mm Ti/V shell of Mr. Death holds firm! But 30 seconds of TWO robots hacking away at you with powerful axes can't be good for the insides! Or points, for that matter, should it go the distance! But as the axebots have to back off, it becomes evident that Mr. Death is now totally immobile, having taken too much rattling from the axes! It seems the rest of the robot was nowhere near as resilient as the body armour! Tracy and Alex high-five as playzooki looks on sadly, watching the referee robot move in to have his say. And he says:

CEASE!

Mr. Death and Last Rites are delivered a fitting eulogy - by deep impact! The axes of justice, Mobile Failure 2.5 and Black Panther, advance to Round 2!

Next: Coldforge vs. Creature From Black Lagoon vs. Cryoseism vs. Killotine: EVO

Register To Comment