Register To Comment
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Beetleweight

You're on I do hope you're right,
    If the arena sports a kill saw I might be in with a chance.

Well, I was right. The weapon proved to be a huge dissapointment.

First off, my scales were way off, I turned out to be 50 grams overweight after taking in the allowance of 5 grams.
    I decided it was far more easier to just remove one of the solenoids which made the weapon even less effective.

Secondly it lacked some pushing power

But thirdly it did survive both matches and kept running without much problems. I did however had to reset one of the wheels after spinza knocked it sideways (construction flaw on my part and spinning blade on his part)

After reviewing what had happened and how others performed I just made a few purchases.

1m2 hdpe 3mm
    1m2 hdpe 10mm
    25mmx25mm lexan 2mm

2x 25mm gearmotor 800rpm
    2x 25mm gearmotor 1000rpm
    2x 25mm gearmotor 1200rpm

1x sabretooth 2x12a dual controller

Will look for a dx6i later on

The plan is to build a new chop suey using it basic characteristics like the prongs and the cleaver but a lot lower and better balanced. Hopefully this will reduce the change on unvoluntary wheelies.

Secondly my almost 4yr old son asked for a robot so I´ll be making a testbrick as well for him and me to play with.

First things first, keeping an eye out for the mail man

If all things go as planned I´ll have a second hand unused dx6i in a couple of days 40 euros cheaper than a new one.

Call me mean, but the person I had on the phone didn´t sound older than 14 and is reselling the transmitter because it wouldn´t bind to his current rx. An orange rx will set you back only 10 euro´s...

chop suey first fight:

chop suey second fight:

Your center of gravity is a little off.

Just a tad, I prefer to think my drive was a little on the fast side or at least I punched it to full throttle too quickly.

But that flaw (amongst others) will be mended in the second version.

All the parts are in, the 62mm on road rc wheels look promising. Time to build Chop Suey 2.0

Just out of interest, I might be looking into a spinner. Rango style to be precise, a disc meets drum.

Basicly a small drum with two one toothed discs at each side weighing no more than 450grams.

Is anyone interested to help me with that? For I have no skills designing or making one on my own.

I have a reely 3630 kv 3505 brushless to spin it

Hobbyking (were I got it from) doesn't list them anymore...
    Last edited by Niels - Team K.a.L.M.; 15th August 2014 at 11:06. Reason: extra info

Register To Comment