Register To Comment
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dutch Beetleweight

What safety measures does a beetle need?

I'll add a link offcourse but i'm not sure about an led. Will the lights in my receiver (which will be in the open waiting for an axe to crush it) be sufficient?

Surely it's not difficult to have an actual LED so you don't have to put your RX in harms way so that people can see the light.

You can use something like this: http://www.technobotsonline.com/easy...-lighting.html OR http://www.technobotsonline.com/sine...-lighting.html

They are not cheap but they are a quick and effective way of getting your required power light.

It was more a matter of wanting an orange light and the rx is orange.
    Got some red led's already and did find a guy in france who sells orange ones.

Just wanted to keep things simple

Spend another few hours on my beetle:

IMAG0189.jpg

That's the good news.

This is the bad news:

It's no wonder I couldn't find a single beetle out there using solenoids, They produce not enough power or weigh too much to make a decent weapon setup. The 10mm stroke in which they get stronger in the end didn't help as well.

I'm going to donate the solenoids to the ant arena here in holland and will need to come up with something else in the next two weeks... already bought the plane tickets for the AWS...

on a second thought, I might use the solenoids to launch a toy axe or mallet... I still have some grams left to have fun with.

to be continued...
    Last edited by Niels - Team K.a.L.M.; 15th June 2014 at 21:06.

Decided to drop by the thriftstore after work since it's on my route home.
    Wanted to find some kind of toy weapon or something related to mount as an axe.

I found something completely different but way cooler than I ever expected:

IMAG0192.jpg

Two meatcleaverlike cheeseknifes for 30cts weighing 27grams each.
    With the components placed inside I still have 12 grams left so it needs a little diet.

and in action:

Little black robot with an axe? yepp i approve

Register To Comment