Register To Comment
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Rango - Build diary

Lemme just get something straight... This is your third featherweight, entering your third UK champs that you called off at 3:30 three days before the first day of the champs... and you came third. That's a bit weird if you ask me!
    Looking nice anyway, sure it'll be just as relentless as it was this year.

It could be that the motors are rated very conservatively over a long running time. Most hobby motors are very optimistic with their power ratings, so for the low cost its definitely worth a try!

PS: don't bother with Bulgarians, the Nigerian oil minister will fix you right up with some cash

Cheers guys.

@Max: there's too much other stuff in the way!

@Nick: yeah that's the hope. They claim 8-10a for 60sec @12v. Hoping that means it could handle double the draw for half the time. I can sap the heat out really well as they're surrounded by aluminium, so certainly worth experimenting.

Also yeah this Bulgarian guy is being slow, what little was in my account has been taken... I assume to make space or something. I'm sure he'll put the billions in soon.

What's the size restriction for motors to fit into the robot and what RPM range do they need to be in?
    I might be able to help you out

Looking good Ellis mate, I hope those motors work well for you

Quote Originally Posted by knightrous View Post
    What's the size restriction for motors to fit into the robot and what RPM range do they need to be in?
    Look for the dimensions of 885 motors - they are the absolutely largest things that will fit.

The 885s originally in the robot were 48mm diameter, 83mm length.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrous View Post
    Yes please yes please yes please yes ple-

7-10,000rpm on 5s.

The largest cylinder that could fit where the motors go would be 74mm long, 49.9mm diameter. Smaller diameter can be longer, for example a 48mm can could be 78mm long.

Quote Originally Posted by MicroGravity100 View Post
    The 885s originally in the robot were 48mm diameter, 83mm length.
    This is true, but 83mm is full length minus shaft, the main body is only 68mm long.

This was the best I could find on a quick break

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-R775-Ult...item4acd3dbc98

Peak of 240W seems reasonable, so they should have some punch.

Cheers for the link. I've researched far eastern sources in detail. The problem is misinformation. Direct from factory they can give you raw data (I can't afford to buy and ship in bulk), but any level of reseller (aliexpress/hongkong ebay) gives useless or patchy info, often contradicting their own figures or visibly copy-pasting from somewhere else. Western resellers are no better. :P

The ebay link says 240w, but idk what they're calling "max power". If that's max efficiency then it's pretty good.

Register To Comment