Register To Comment
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: HardWired II

I was planning to have Inertia B with me- I'm fitting some new wheels tomorrow to fix the ground clearance issues

May bring Flatulence along then, last time I ran it was against Calum's flipper at GSL last year. Just needs the wheel grub screw tightened and it's good to go. Although if I've got time I'll maybe pop some 1000rpm motors in it as the MFA ones are a little on the slow side these days.

There may not be a huge amount of time for battles as they tend to let punters have a shot of the robots in between shows. That said, everyone tends to hang around for half an hour or so afterwards so may be fine.

Might bring glitch but dought it will last against the spinners

If theres room and weight left in my suitcase I'll bring one too

I'm planning on bringing Lynx along, just need to make up some wheels for it and it's good to go. Found out it had a dodgy bearing which was causing a stiff spot when spinning, put a new bearing in and, well it's rather scary.....and loud....very loud.

Well, Overdrive didn't do as well as I'd have hoped in the main championship, but considering the robot was built really late on, I can't say I'm unsurprised at the fact! As for the concept of Overdrive, I think I may shelf that for a little while, not sure I'm entirely set on the vertical game just yet... I have a few ideas for next year's entry, all I do know is that it won't be Overdrive, nor Hardwired 2.

Speaking of which, Hardwired 2 did actually rather well considering, got it running rather well in a whiteboard, and it pushed things for the first time ever! The change of tires and drop to 3s really did make a world of difference. Huge thanks to Mario for the motor too! It does feel the right time to retire the 900s though, they're getting so rare/expensive and Hardwired 2 being a solid brick means it eats motors and speed controllers pretty quickly. That said, the machine itself isn't getting retired, after taking varying degrees of punishment the chassis is still in usable condition... so I can't really yet haha! It'll be back for spinner-based whiteboard hilarity next year I'd imagine, if I can adjust the drive!

All in all though, whilst not a successful champs for myself, it was a brilliantly fun one. Congrats to the winners and many thanks to the Robochallenge crew for once again putting on a spectacular event!

Register To Comment