Register To Comment
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring Brick

Better than anything I could do, it does look pretty awesome though

looks good indeed

Done some more today, got the escs and batteries mounted, started the final wiring. Also made a start on bolting the chassis together but had a few problems with shite screws ( I've got two stuck in my polycarbonate baseplate that snapped off whilst getting tightened) so I've ordered some high tensile ones that should be much better. Pics to follow in a couple of days

Made a start on bolting the chassis together today with much better bolts ( the old ones were made of some horribly cheap weak metal). Apologies for all of the wires floating around it'll look much neater when it's done.

Just watched the vid and looks like its coming along nicely =)

B&Q drill motors by any chance?

To be honest I have no idea, I brought them from another roboteer along with the batteries and electronize, and thanks the build has definitely had it's ups and downs so far but it's getting there, going to be a squeeze to get the axe mechanism in there though.
    Last edited by mrsam; 27th February 2014 at 18:17.

Nice one! 10/10 for using Polycarb, are you using it for the top armour as well?

Yea polycarb for the lid as well , the baseplate piece is 9mm and the top will be about the same, hopefully it will hold up

9mm might be a little on the thin side from some of the hammers and axes this year from the looks of things, so I'd have a backup just in case (maybe make a spare HDPE top plate in case the polycarb cracks?) but other than that, good stuff!

Also, should note: I don't have a lot of experience with polycarb, so I can't say for sure how it handles, it's just what I've heard from what I've seen on here, really. I'm fairly sure I've seen a machine using 20mm Polycarb and that was pretty tough...

Register To Comment