Register To Comment
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Drive motor options

Well tbh I did use a pillar drill for the plate holes, and a lathe to machine the output shaft

This afternoon I'm trying to rig it up and give it a go...and a video clip if all goes well!
    Last edited by Liftoff; 23rd February 2014 at 09:55. Reason: Let me see how it runs David, and then depending on the results, I'll post how and what tools I used.

Good news

In the afternoon spent a couple of hours with my brother setting up the gearbox and testing it - results are encouraging for now. The motor spins freely, no abnormal loading on the motor.

After ''running in'' the boxes we decided to load it a bit to see what happens, so I connected a 1/4" extension to the output shaft and held it in a keyless chuck (like in the photo a couple of posts above). The motor stalled so we increased throttle slowly...I was expecting something to fail but it didn't, the 1/4 extension started slipping inside the chuck.

Loctite 603 doing its job very well in keeping those gears glued on their shafts!

The only flaw I noticed till now is that the large gear on the output shaft wobbles a little bit...

Here are a couple of vid clips from this afternoon : Warning! its quite noisy!!

How does the esc handle full forward straight to full reverse?

If you give it a full fwd and then a full rev, the motor from full fwd will go to dead stop, to go to rev you have to repeat the rev input. That said we still have to program the ESC as I forgot place the programming card on the order. I'm not much into electrics and electronics, that's my brother's job...I only understand gears, metal and grease!
    Through the whole test the esc and motor did not heat up or anything...

That's a Trackstar if I'm not mistaken.

If so,
    With the programming card you can set about anything, but 1 thing will have to be done with the transmitter, setting the reverse @100%.

Yep its a trackstar SC120, reverse is at about 80% speed but brother said he can fix that, I think its as you said Mario through the transmitter - but I wouldn't know as I'm totally useless when it comes to electrics!

Still looks good tough, and we measured our 28-36 @16 amps 3S with burned rubber smell.
    Those el cheapo motors and speedo's seem to deliver.

Register To Comment