Howdy all.

I'm coming back into the world of combat robotics. I know you missed me...right?...right??

Obviously I'm not going to 'jump the gun' like before, thus my first build will be a fairly simple featherweight. Because I lack any imagination whatsoever anymore, I've decided that the featherweight will pay homage to one of my favourite competitors: Diotoir.

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 23.58.04.png

After looking at extensive pictures and videos, I drafted up a basic model of the robot in SketchUp. Please excuse my CAD drawing, I haven't used SketchUp in an awful long time.

Most of the electronics have already been source by some very kind people on here, so here's what the main drive system will consist of:
Turnigy 5000mAh Lipos feeding into two BotBitz 85Amp Speed Controllers, which are both in turn powering two cordless drill motors - unfortunately, I am unsure of how many Amps they have, and I can't remember for the life of me who it was who I bought them off! I think it may have been one of the team members who built Block of Wood?

As for the weapon system, this is where it gets tricky. Obviously, the main flipping scoop is powered by two springs, and somehow, a chain system is used to pull the flipper back down. If anyone at all has any pictures of poor old Diotoir in the nudie, it'd be a massive help for me.
Alternatively, I could always nick parts from my old BattleRat, and use the system there.

http://www.entexstocksprings.co.uk/i...roduct_id=1756 - these are a viable contender for the springs used. They may have to be slightly bigger.

As for the armour, would Hardox work? I'd need to source equipment to use it, plus should it be one solid shell that can be removed, or each panel removed individually?

Cheers.