Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titanium/hardox or equivalent

Hi im hopeinh someone has a piece of hardox or titanium no smaller than 200X45mm and between 3 or 6mm thick for a new blade for scruffy 2 as the 1mm blade i had bent far to easily and i cant find anything on ebay

cheers

could do ..... was hoping for something in this country

That seller is fine, I bought a piece 400x300mm earlier this year, price is ok and so is the grade of titanium she sells. Or you could go for a planer blade, the material is surely harder than Ti or hardox and you can find that at varous dimensions and locally. I had one on Liftoff, 3 by 30 by 300mm...made a really nice front blade for the flipper!

found a planer blade on ebay quite cheap will get a bit and have a look sounds promising, unfortunately its only 30mm instead of 45mm so might have to bot the bot a bit

If you go for a planer blade try to get it pre drilled as it will be a pain to do it with normal tooling...

I'll have a look to see if i have any small bits of hardox sitting in the basement that I don't need.

brilliant that would be be great if you could find a piece, might make a few blades out of different materials and see which holds up the best at the next champs

It will be the hardox

Available. Ti 3mm thick, Hardox 3.2 and 6mm.
    Even Hardox 650 in 8mm. But that's not workable with any normal cutting tool.

Register To Comment