Register To Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Antweight help

Right so I've built most the antweight but it weighs 200g !!! And I'm a bit stumped as to how to lose the extra 50g by Saturday.

It's got 3mm hdpe sides (24g), 1mm carbon fibre top and bottom, homemade wheels (7g each), a sabertooth esc, a 2s 160mah lipo and a drum on the front (not attached yet).

Does anyone have Amy idea how to lose that much weight?

There's a lot of excess bolt I can see, you can lose 12g off the sabretooth if you remove the terminals and the heatsink (not needed at this weight level). There will be more to take out, but I'm busy ATM, I'll have a proper look later.

Shorten all the wires to the minimum you can get away with and trim some off the aluminium wherever you can, drill holes in it where it isn't essential. Also the corners on the plastic could be trimmed, it will all help.

I've managed to get it down to 159g by shortening the wires, removing the heat sink and the bits of aluminium angle. Hopefully can remove the remaining 9g by drilling lots of holes!

Have you taken the terminal blocks off the Sabretooth? The green blocks are 3g each!

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post
    Have you taken the terminal blocks off the Sabretooth? The green blocks are 3g each!
    I've taken off 2 of the terminal blocks but left the one for the power, I may remove that as well once I've found a lightweight power switch so can finalise the wiring.

I decided to ditch the polulu controllers as didn't fancy using a separate microcontroller to control them as well, so switched to a sabertooth.

Quote Originally Posted by shakesc View Post
    Do you know what they weigh? I'm guessing a gram?

Register To Comment