Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardox

Mario do you have any experience with RAEX 400? Found a local supplier advertising it as wear resistant plate, but got no idea if it's comparable to hardox... Sent him a msg asking about sizes and pricing.

Just got a reply to my msg, they dont have RAEX available but they have Hardox

Sizes they stock are 3,4 and 5mm ( I thought 3.2mm existed not 3mm)
    Too bad they only sell by the sheet! The 3mm x 6m x 2.5m sheet costs €1800

I remember fairly recently that someone did an order for 1 sheet but split the cost and the plate between various teams who bought various areas of sheet. You may be able to pull that off. 3mm would be very useful for heavies and feathers.

Also there you have 18 square metres of material! Tha means its only 100 euros per square metre. Thats not bad!

I am also looking for Hardox 450 3.2 mm, 2m² I would also need already!

However, the offer was what I got was usually right outrageous...

http://devil-crew.eu/Luzifer/Angebot.Hardox.450.pdf

Suppose you could always ask and get some money pooled together to buy a sheet, I'd certainly be prepared to buy a bit if something like that did come to light (and I had enough money to do so!)

Also, is 3/4mm hardox 'spinner proof' and/or suitable for discs or disc teeth of any kind? If so, I'll definitely want some too!

Quote Originally Posted by IceMaster View Post
    I am also looking for Hardox 450 3.2 mm, 2m² I would also need already!

However, the offer was what I got was usually right outrageous...

http://devil-crew.eu/Luzifer/Angebot.Hardox.450.pdf
    Geez! thats bloody expensive! More than seven times the local price.... could be they charge you for cutting to size tho.
    Pity I'm located so far away!

No experience with Raex, sorry. It's one of the options tough.

And SSAB never did roll 3mm according to my sources. It was all 3.2mm, 1/8" sheet.

It was sold as 3mm tough by certain resellers, as 0.2mm is inside the tolerances of "rough construction". No reason to make a container of excavator bucket with tolerances of less than 0.5mm?
    Last edited by maddox10; 31st October 2013 at 05:48.

Register To Comment